Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

easy non internal engine mods

If only...

all those ignition crap wont do much if they are worn change them

best bang for buck is longtube headers :)

If only I had the money n the ability, Id sho nuf put some headers on at bad boy....but....no money or tools

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
If only I had the money n the ability, Id sho nuf put some headers on at bad boy....but....no money or tools

I had headers on my truck and didn't like them. I'm not in the majority on this obviously, but if you are lacking on money right now I would just get the truck reliable and caught up on the maintenance and enjoy it as is. Plenty of time for mods and fun aftermarket stuff later on when funds will allow. If you can swing some cash for some tools check out Harbor Freight. They have some decent stuff for the price. You might find yourself filling up a box of tools a little quicker then you might think.

Someday

I had headers on my truck and didn't like them. I'm not in the majority on this obviously, but if you are lacking on money right now I would just get the truck reliable and caught up on the maintenance and enjoy it as is. Plenty of time for mods and fun aftermarket stuff later on when funds will allow. If you can swing some cash for some tools check out Harbor Freight. They have some decent stuff for the price. You might find yourself filling up a box of tools a little quicker then you might think.

For right now I am going to concentrate on fixing everything else. i have leaks that need fixed and fluids that need changed. Not sure about my clutch... Have to push the pedal to the floor before it will start and still have troubles putting it into 1st and reverse from a stand still

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Is it a hydraulic clutch?

Pretty sure...

Is it a hydraulic clutch?

I am pretty sure it is. It is a 1990 and is full of fluid (checked recently) other than that I am not sure. Still not completely sure what manual trans I have in it as I have heard competing views

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Well if it is hydraulic there could be air in the system causing the very low pedal or clutch going out or master or slave cylinder is starting to fail if you are having trouble getting it into gear. I would try bleeding the system first and see if you get any air out.

Hmmm

How exactly would I do that? The truck only has 40,000 miles on it, I am hoping nothing expensive is going out....

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
There should be a bleeder on the slave cylinder and you would bleed it basically like you would bleed brakes. Open bleeder, push clutch down but not completely to floor, close bleeder, take foot off pedal, repeat until no air bubbles come out. You need another person to help with pushing pedal.

Ill try

Ill try, the owner said it was doing it for awhile. Once the truck is rolling it will go into gear np, and it will always go into 3rd no matter what.

5spd

If it's a 5 speed it's most likely an M5OD-R2....if it's a 4 speed it's a T18.

Its a 5spd 4x4. I know the truck shares the same suspension as the base F250 (decoded the VIN) w/ the dual front shocks. Someday maybe I will change out the tranny to a heavy duty one (when I can do some serious wheelin) that will be far down the road tho. (on a side note, I see people with "(state) Chapter" is there an Alabama chapter? ROLL TIDE!!!)

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
There isn't an AL chapter, but if you can find 4 other people with an interest in an AL chapter you can start one. It is fun and you can have get togethers with people in your state.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
DKW 86 is from AL and online now. Maybe he might be interested.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
You can go to member list and search for people under advanced search and type AL under location.

I posted a thread about it, I will search for members to see if anyone else is interested in it. Not sure exactly how to do this but... Someone does lol smilieFordlogo

http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/guidepin.jpg
That's a ZF+351w... the upper connection is the bleed for the internal slave.

With the floor-cover-off, a guy sitting in the driver's seat can bleed the sucker
himself. :) Have the rear end of the vehicle real high (if I remember right?) and
IME, the thing basically bled itself.

The pushrod needs to have a tiny bit of free play in it, when the pedal is out.
Ford makes a big deal about that little bit of play, the piston uncovers a port
that needs to be uncovered for it to work right.

Alvin in AZ

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts