Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

North West Chapter

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I'd like to take some time to second what Ernie said here. The NWC certainly had/has a reputation of being rather rambunctious (lets use that word even if it is spelled wrong).

I said it before but it bears repeating. the NWC was always more about friends then Fords. Sorry if I am bursting anyones bubble here but it's true. Those guys would drive a country mile just to give you the shirt off their back before they thought about saying no to helping someone out. They are just about the most honest, helpful, thoughtful, caring bunch of people I have ever had the pleasure of calling my friends.

Like Ernie said, they are managers, business owners, doctors, lawyers, mechanics and every day joes.

Just thought that needed saying...

t/y Aaron. Well spoken, from a guy that got his dog back with the help of a NW Chapter member 2,000 miles away. :rofl: The Northwest Chapter wasn't about geography either, with members scattered around the entire US.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Lets remember what this thread is about. This thread is about wether members of FTF who live in this particular geographic region want to try and found a formalized chapter.

This thread is NOT about what may or may not have happened or does or does not happen on any other site.

If you don't have a horse in the race...maybe you should watch from the sidelines.

Just trying to head off any un-needed head butting

As always if there are any questions or concerns please feel free to PM me. If I don't know the answer I know the people that do.

Last edited:
I am one of those folks from the othersite who has kids and does drink occasionally. Mud, do you believe everything you read on the internet? If so, you gots issues. Don't mean to tell you what you should and shouldn't do, but if you've gone and met some of the people there, you'd be surprised. The Bunnies know who I am and what I can do--Hurting the next morning for sure.--I also had friends at that shin dig that I had known for about 11years, before I had kids.

I wouldn't mind there being 3/4 state chapter. 8 hours to get to a G2G is about as far as I would go. Did two this year already, Bend and Winchester Bay, OR and then one more coming up to Spokane for Live DP tuning.

None of this prolly makes sense, I have had a few (3) tonight.

Good times!! :D

A NWC will only be what we make it! End of story!! I for one think it would be a good idea!

Last edited:

1973 F-100 4x4

'77 F-250 Custom 4x4
WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, ND, SD, AK

Always interesting to see what the rest of the country considers the Northwest. We refer to Montana, Wyoming, and the Dakotas as "back East."
We also think British Columbia is the part of the Northwest with that odd border crossing.

That's funny; those of us that live in Wyoming consider Montana, Wyoming, and the Dakotas to be the "Midwest." smilieneenar

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
That's funny; those of us that live in Wyoming consider Montana, Wyoming, and the Dakotas to be the "Midwest." smilieneenar

I was born and raised in Ohio. Thats the eastern edge of the midwest - believe me, nw Montana isn't the midwest. We can't grow corn here for one thing - or winter wheat for another...........

1973 F-100 4x4

'77 F-250 Custom 4x4
I was born and raised in Ohio. Thats the eastern edge of the midwest - believe me, nw Montana isn't the midwest. We can't grow corn here for one thing - or winter wheat for another...........

I don't know about winter wheat, but they grow corn here.
Not nearly as much as Ohio or indiana, but there is corn grown here.
There is actually a town in Wyoming called "Midwest" also.
I suppose when you look at a map of the US, we are more to the North West.
Oh well.[confused]

Well, I'm still down for this NWC business... so why isn't there one yet?

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
yes and no. Yes it is offically going to be a chapter. The powers that be are workin out a few kinks, something about knobs and levers, and then a join thread will be posted up and we'll go from there.

Ford Truck Articles