Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Beautiful Rare Davey Allison 93 F150

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-2-000-MILES-SHOW-CUSTOM-MARK-III-DAVEY-ALLISON_W0QQitemZ170346341921QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item27a96ee621&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12|39%3A1|72%3A317|240%3A1308

Here is a beautiful 1993 Ford F150,done up as a tribute to Davey Allison.Apparently,these trucks were built after Davey's death in 1993.There are only 6 total according to the description.What hits home to me,is that the trucks were built at Mark III Conversions,which used to be in my town.They closed down in the late 90's.What's even better,is that my dad was employed at Mark III when these trucks were built.He was an A/C tech and installed a/c systems in the vehicles.I'm not sure if he touched these trucks,but Me and my dad are huge Davey Allison fans,so i'm sure my dad made his way over to look at these trucks.Just thought i'd share this beautiful truck.And since Ebay listings don't last long,i'll post a couple pics.

Picture_001.jpg

Picture_003.jpg

Picture_004.jpg

Picture_006.jpg

You know I have to honestly say that truck is just plain fugly

Yeah, them was the days, i remember when davey & bobby tried to whup cale yarlborough after the datona 500... funny, they probably got a bonus for that, nowadays they'd get fined for it. I think that was the first nationally televised flag-to-flag coverage of a nascar race. smiliepeelout

I'm glad to see the Woods Bros. are still running at least a limited schedule with awesome bill from dawsonvillesmilieFordlogo

Hell yeah. :D

I dont think its ugly Tex, I actually kinda like it. :)

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
yea think it just gets rented out for storage I see furniture trucks in there every now n then...I'd like to wander around that place..maybe find some emblems or stickers or somethin....I think Regal took mark III's place doing those conversions....

Me too.lol.I think it's cool how they still have the signs up on the 44th ave and I-75 front.

Dieter621

Dieter621
NJ
Both stepside truck look great. Just wish Ford would bring back the fat fender F150's. I have an 2003 and am very disappointed in what Ford Motors now refers to as a stepside.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
it's Flareside buddy.. it's never been referred to as a stepside from ford thats a Chevy term..

but i also miss the true Flaresides.. we'll never see them again though on modern F150's..

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Yeah, them was the days, i remember when davey & bobby tried to whup cale yarlborough after the datona 500... funny, they probably got a bonus for that, nowadays they'd get fined for it. I think that was the first nationally televised flag-to-flag coverage of a nascar race. smiliepeelout

I'm glad to see the Woods Bros. are still running at least a limited schedule with awesome bill from dawsonvillesmilieFordlogo

Correction...It was Donnie Allison along with Bobby in "The Fight" Davey was quite young then..IMO Had Davey Lived,He would have been what Earnhart was for Childress and that Other Manufactor...Davey was a class act and One of the Best Ford Drivers EVER! Ford has had some talented Drivers in the modern area..but none like Davey Allison.......I experienced meeting Bobby at the North Carolina Racing HOF when we were there....I shook the Mans hand and the wife and i conversed with him for several minutes.....It was pretty Darn cool to have met this legendary Racer.......

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles