Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 6

Generation 6 1973-1979 F100, F150, F250, F350

Old 05-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
On the 351M/400 there is a dedicated bolt hole for grounding the negative post of the battery to the block. I looked to see if the engine diagram indicated what size bolt was used, but the diagram doesn't show that bolt.

The hole is directly below the alternator at the bottom of the block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2012, 09:21 PM

thtniggey is on a distinguished road
Does the hole kind of look like a bracket and sticks off the block a little bit? if so lucky me that part of the blocks broke..
Old 05-21-2012, 09:33 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 PM

Yup my blocks broken there but thank you for the help!!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Still Da Man

Mil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond repute
The engine start circuit runs through the Neutral start switch which is located in different spots depending on year and type of Trans

The 'Engine keeps cranking' situation is because of power continuing to the S terminal of the relay
This can happen after trying to start an engine with a dead battery. The small amount of power from a low battery can actually WELD the contacts related to the S terminal of the relay.Always use a freshly charged battery when trying to start an engine.Once this has happened, any attempt to start the engine will be met with a NON-stop cranking of the starter

There are other reasons but your issue doesn't qualify

I speak in "Straight Talk" Deal with it.

Click for Red Deer, Alberta Forecast

Last edited by Mil1ion; 05-23-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:48 PM

Put on a ground wire to the starter bolt and the truck fired right up!! the ignigtion still didnt work though still using the push button start for now! thanks for all the help!!
Old 05-24-2012, 02:57 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
You might want to look through this manual as well:

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/for...ad.php?t=29167
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.