Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Serpentine system for 400...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I know there are a couple serpentine kits for the 400 out there that go north of $1000-1500. However, I've heard guys say before that they threw a junkyard serpentine system together (mentioned in last issue of BOT). However, I've never seen what they nab pulleys from, what water pump they use, what they use as a tensioner or what accessories need to be replaced. So has anyone done this, seen a write up or have a general idea of what should be done for a JY serpentine system?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I dunno...I suppose alot of stuff could be sourced and made to fit. The biggest issue I'd imagine would be getting the appropriate WP. I wouldn't imagine accessory location would be that big of a deal either...just get a longer or shorter belt accordingly.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Whats wrong with Vbelts? I guess i dont understand the point in this swap, me personally id rather have V's cause if you break a belt something will still drive the water pump to get you home....

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Efficiency and underdrive was my goal...

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Ah...gotcha...i wasnt trying to be confrontantional i just dont understand it lol.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts