Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

LED Underbody Lights & AC Vent Lights are in!

Bootizm

Love My Ford Truck
Ok I installed green LED strips under the truck in clear plastic tubing for protection from rocks and water (they are waterproof anyway, it's the flexible strips) and tapped them into the courtesy light wire, which is the purple wire under the driver side door sill. They come on with the blue LEDs I installed in the center AC vents, and are not on while driving, only when the truck is unlocked with the fob, or the key is removed from the ignition, or with the dimmer control. They DO dim off. I removed the bulb from the ceiling courtesy lamp cuz it's bright and I do not like it. The map lights are still available if I ever need brighter light to read something. I have install info if anyone needs help, just shoot me an email. My photos won't upload, so email if you want pics.

Ok I installed green LED strips under the truck in clear plastic tubing for protection from rocks and water (they are waterproof anyway, it's the flexible strips) and tapped them into the courtesy light wire, which is the purple wire under the driver side door sill. They come on with the blue LEDs I installed in the center AC vents, and are not on while driving, only when the truck is unlocked with the fob, or the key is removed from the ignition, or with the dimmer control. They DO dim off. I removed the bulb from the ceiling courtesy lamp cuz it's bright and I do not like it. The map lights are still available if I ever need brighter light to read something. I have install info if anyone needs help, just shoot me an email. My photos won't upload, so email if you want pics.

Those lights looks nice. From where you got these lights and how much it costs you?

Ford Truck Articles