Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Taylor Goes Truck Shopping

Unlike another member of this forum that is a 'rabid vehicle shopper' (read that as Austin)smilietease , Taylor actively sought some advice on a truck he was looking at possibly buying.... A 2002 F-250, SC LB, 7.3, automatic with 95k on the clock....

Here it is:

04-09-2013009.jpg

04-09-2013010.jpg

I'll let Taylor describe it from here....

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I prefer the term casual recycler... :D

Congrats Taylor!

I'm not going to make an announcement one way or another yet. What I do I have to say is thank you to Brad for driving me out there and looking at the truck.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Cool, looks like a couple of nice choices.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Probably wouldn't go too far wrong with either truck, assuming the prices are right- and I haven't the foggiest idea what "right" would be for either one.

That aside, and as big a fan as I am of the 7.3...I'd lean toward the half-ton unless you've got a need for a heavy hauler. It's newer, rides better, easier to park, probably cheaper to operate (maintenance and fuel)...aw, who'm I kidding? I'd go for the diesel if there was any way I could make the numbers almost make sense. (At least, as long as that is a lockout I see...)

I do have to think of my buddy who bought an '08 F-350 SC/LB with the 6.4 PSD a little over a year ago, though...and it's already gone. He gets bored a lot faster than I do, so 12 months isn't totally out of character, but I got the sense he was pretty tired of a truck that big all the time when he only actually used it a handful of times.

Probably wouldn't go too far wrong with either truck, assuming the prices are right- and I haven't the foggiest idea what "right" would be for either one.

That aside, and as big a fan as I am of the 7.3...I'd lean toward the half-ton unless you've got a need for a heavy hauler. It's newer, rides better, easier to park, probably cheaper to operate (maintenance and fuel)...aw, who'm I kidding? I'd go for the diesel if there was any way I could make the numbers almost make sense. (At least, as long as that is a lockout I see...)

I do have to think of my buddy who bought an '08 F-350 SC/LB with the 6.4 PSD a little over a year ago, though...and it's already gone. He gets bored a lot faster than I do, so 12 months isn't totally out of character, but I got the sense he was pretty tired of a truck that big all the time when he only actually used it a handful of times.
My current lean is that if the F-150 is nice, it would be the more logical choice.

sigh, thought this thread was gonna be about Taylor Swift...
I guess 7.3's are ok though, lol.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Simply off the cuff, without knowing any details, unless you're planning on having this truck forever and always, or hauling 10k plus with any sort of frequency, make the practical choice and go with the 150. It'll fit places better, it'll be more comfortable (easier on your back) and I dunno about you, but diesel is about 30-50 cents more expensive than gasoline around here...and I doubt there's a significant enough difference in mpg's to offset what you'd pay at the pump.

Ford Truck Articles