Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hail storm in Louisville; thousands of new Ford Escapes damaged

Hail storm takes a toll of $175 million in Louisville; thousands of new Ford Escapes damaged

Nearly a month after the worst hail storm to hit Jefferson County in several years bashed cars and homes with hail as large as baseballs, the resulting cost is climbing past $175 million.

Ford Motor Co. was hit particularly hard, with about 3,500 new 2013 Escapes damaged as they awaited shipment to dealers. The new line is expected to be one of Ford’s strongest products, and the company has retooled its plant on Fern Valley Road to ramp up production.

Thousands more Escapes are parked around town as Ford officials prepare for a scheduled launch to dealers around mid-June, said United Auto Workers Local 862 building chairman Steven M. Stone, adding that damaged vehicles “will not be sold to the public.”

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
No great loss . I have several Dozen friends/Coworkers and familly that have had several Escapes over years and all said they will buy other products . They r ugly.

To round and whats up with back end r some of the responses

I talked to dealers they same get same responses form repeat Escape costumers that have looked at them ....

did I say they r Ugly ...

Last edited:

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
It is a great loss. Those Escapes are completely redesigned and awesome. Look nothing like the old ones, which I liked.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
omg... they arent gonna sell them for even a discount??????

To the public at least. If supply and demand holds true, I'd believe that would mean dealers could be more reluctant to shaving their profit margin. Given I don't know production numbers, so this may be less than 3% of planned production...which would be negligible to the market.

Last edited:

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I am pretty sure that I have seen a few... I could be thinking of the Explorer though.

There are no new Escapes around here. Sunset Ford (one of the largest Ford stores in the state) told my BIL they were supposed to have their first one several weeks ago but due to some sort of problem at the plant they're delayed. I showed him that article explaining the problem.

The way I read that article, I'm pretty sure those damaged vehicles were for the launch of the new Escape.

Ford Truck Articles