Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

351W High Output!

Got a whole donor truck so I can do a EFI 302-Carbed 351 swap finally!!
351WHO003.jpg

351WHO007.jpg

351WHO013.jpg

Now that I got the engine out, I have some major degreasing to do! Then replace some gaskets, water pump..etc, painting it, then dropping it in my truck! Cant wait!

What all will I need to do this swap? Will I need the harness off of the donor truck? I'm planning on putting a MSD ignition in too...

And intakes..should I keep it stock, or get aftermarket?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
what size holley is that?

about all i would do is put a better cam in it, roller rockers, GT40 heads. the D8 or E5's that are on there, are terrible! E7's are even a step up. but if you go up to E7 you might as well go GT40's.

i'd go aftermarket only if you feel like you'll go wild later down the road.

complete engine regasket. but don't pull the bottom end apart.
make sure you do timing chain, oil pump, head gaskets.

but thats just me..

Last edited:
what size holley is that?

about all i would do is put a better cam in it, roller rockers, GT40 heads. the D8 or E5's that are on there, are terrible! E7's are even a step up. but if you go up to E7 you might as well go GT40's.

i'd go aftermarket only if you feel like you'll go wild later down the road.

complete engine regasket. but don't pull the bottom end apart.
make sure you do timing chain, oil pump, head gaskets.

but thats just me..

It's a 600cfm Edelbrock.

I might just leave it stock..for now. Maybe GT40 heads and a intake. Thats all I'd do at this point.

Engine re-gasket is already planned. Leaving the bottom end together.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Adding performance heads & cam without doing the bottom end is a recipe for disaster.but that is me as well! especially on a high mileage engine,be warned!

primetime

sawmill slave
Adding performance heads & cam without doing the bottom end is a recipe for disaster.but that is me as well! especially on a high mileage engine,be warned!

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid I`ll also never put another used engine in without pulling rod and main caps for a look see.

While its out, I would at least do an overhaul on it. I am really kicking myself for not checking mine out.

Ford Truck Articles