Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Got to ride in a 07 Escape

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I'v ridden in couple escapes before (my mammaw has an '02) all been 4cyl 5speeds but never gotten to see their performance before saturday..

My cousin was test driving a '07 4cyl 5speed escape, and his dad didn't think the 4 banger would have enough power to move it down the road.

WOT through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from about a 5mph and let out at about 70ish. I have to say.. I was fairly impressed, It's not breathtakingly fast by any means, but it does move pretty well.. I'm curios to see what a v6 could do.

P.S. the sound the engine makes even through a stock exhaust is great, IMO. From about 2500k - redline it sounds amazing.

*that is all*

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
I'v ridden in couple escapes before (my mammaw has an '02) all been 4cyl 5speeds but never gotten to see their performance before saturday..

My cousin was test driving a '07 4cyl 5speed escape, and his dad didn't think the 4 banger would have enough power to move it down the road.

WOT through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from about a 5mph and let out at about 70ish. I have to say.. I was fairly impressed, It's not breathtakingly fast by any means, but it does move pretty well.. I'm curios to see what a v6 could do.

P.S. the sound the engine makes even through a stock exhaust is great, IMO. From about 2500k - redline it sounds amazing.

*that is all*

yupp those 4banges are pretty impressive i drove them at the dealer and they move ok.. but the V6 are better in performance wise but for everyday driving the 4banger is just fine :)

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
4-banger's enough motor in one of those for most uses, although they're fairly rare. Most I've ever seen are V6/Auto's.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
The V6 moves along a lot better. You wouldn't think so because of the horsepower and torque numbers on paper.. But real world performance is night and day.

You should hear my mom's V6 Escape. Exhaust is not stock. =)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts