Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Guess who's back

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Loaded Wednesday morning out of the St Louis area and delivered in Minneapolis yesterday....reloaded in the twin cities and headed for Iowa city, Ft Madison, Kirksville and St Louis again...... it's a learning experience but so far all's well...have to throw a set of front brake calipers on tomorrow after I kick the 2018 sierra off in Kirksville in the morning but other than that things are workin great.....

View attachment 4542

View attachment 4543

View attachment 4544

Wow, that looks cool....quite the load!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Good business to be in....are you on Uship? I've used them for large, awkward types of equipment in the past and they've seemed to work out ok.

It's like the Uber and Airbnb for hauling!

It seems you're doing fine whatever your doing....good luck and congrats on the rig and all the hauls....awesome!

BIGRED911

Charter Member
Good business to be in....are you on Uship? I've used them for large, awkward types of equipment in the past and they've seemed to work out ok.

It's like the Uber and Airbnb for hauling!

It seems you're doing fine whatever your doing....good luck and congrats on the rig and all the hauls....awesome!

Too many customers refuse to pay on uship from what ive heard, I stick to central dispatch and a few direct customers I've gained....I've got some of the bigger brokers that are supposedly really hard to get in with that are already emailing me every load opportunity they have....the guy I was leased to when I first started hauling cars didn't get those emails till he was in business for a year...some of them he still doesn't get lol

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Too many customers refuse to pay on uship from what ive heard, I stick to central dispatch and a few direct customers I've gained....I've got some of the bigger brokers that are supposedly really hard to get in with that are already emailing me every load opportunity they have....the guy I was leased to when I first started hauling cars didn't get those emails till he was in business for a year...some of them he still doesn't get lol

That's awesome man...congrats! There's a reason why you're getting them and it's probably because you're good at what you do. Very cool.

BIGRED911

Charter Member
As some of you may know, a week and a half ago Iowa got hit by a couple tornadoes...the towns of Pella and Marshalltown took the hardest hits. Well my wife's cousin owns a small towing company in Des Moines, Hanifen towing....now cousin John has been trickling a few cars and customers our way here and there but he called the night of the storms and asked if I might be able to help them the next week. We had a family lunch planned for the next day and we agreed we would discuss it after lunch.. He had already got us pre-approved by his business partner without us knowing. he asked for a rate quote from us on Marshalltown to Waukee Ia, I ran the numbers and told him what my minimum rates per car would be, $100 per on run and drives and $200 per on winch on steerable rollers.... Monday morning he called and said they would definitely be able to use my help but still weren't sure where and when. By noon Monday he called and told me they had reviewed my rate quote and wanted to make a counter offer, $120 per car across the board,$360 a load on a 133 mile round trip out of Marshalltown...I ran the numbers while we were discussing it and agreed of course! He called me at 430 that afternoon and told me to be in Marshalltown Tuesday morning, he was going to figure out where they could stage cars for me to just be able to load and go.....well since Tuesday I've beat my MONTHLY record of cars on and off the trailer, 42 cars since Tuesday, and I was down most of the day Friday replacing both front hubs on the truck...in the staging lot at the fairgrounds in Marshalltown lol.....tomorrow starts with load number 15 and it sounds like I should be busy till at least Wednesday or Thursday, and could very easily be here next week....I am now his go to guy on hail damaged cars from here on as well....I might mention, his little towing company is the oldest and biggest in the state of Iowa and they hold the contract for Insurance Auto Auction inbound cars in the state of Iowa.....

ForumRunner_20180730_000359.jpg

ForumRunner_20180730_000415.jpg

ForumRunner_20180730_000432.jpg

ForumRunner_20180730_000447.jpg

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
A gal on my team here at work is from Marshalltown. She said their downtown area got bulldozed back home.

Ryan

Fellro

Staff member
My daughter was there wen it hit, her mother was actually inside one of the banks that got hit after having pretty much just diving in the door... Pella got hammered worse. Bad deal all the same.

Never saw that kind of business coming when you dropped in Cedar Rapids earlier in the month, huh? Seems you have the support part going ok, but just remember if it gets too serious I'm only an hour away from Marshalltown, just under 2 from Waukee. Although most days Hollie probably could get to you before I can...

Fellro

Staff member
I'm guessing insurance impound/auction.

Should show them the picture of the Austin Healy on the hauler on the trailer...

Ford Truck Articles