Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

This doesn't look good!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Installed the NAPA 195* thermostat this afternoon. I started seeing circulation into the top of the radiator at about 190*(according to the temp gauge on the truck). Cab is a little warmer, now, but I noticed the fan clutch kicks in and out constantly. Might be time for a new fan clutch also. :headbang:

I almost froze to death driving to Billings last night.(15* and no heat.)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I noticed my clutch fan in the bronco went bad accidentally, but thankfully a few months back. I was doing some carb work with the truck running, dropped a wrench and instinctively reached for it...arm went right through the fan. After that...realized the fan was essentially free spinning, and I could stop it with a finger.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Old thread, actually really old thread, but has anybody found a reliable replacement thermostat, 192 deg F, that works for the 351M/400? I've tried the NAPA THM 297, with mixed results. All the old reliables have disappeared......

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Old thread, actually really old thread, but has anybody found a reliable replacement thermostat, 192 deg F, that works for the 351M/400? I've tried the NAPA THM 297, with mixed results. All the old reliables have disappeared......

Tim has the rights to and is reproducing the old Robertshaws, but a bit pricey...lie $30-40. He's posting them all the time on my pages.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm not sure to be honest with you, but I'd imagine so.

Ford Truck Articles