Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my new bronco and a real headscratcher for u guys

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
A real headschtratcher for u guys.. my new obs 1994 bronco 5.8 4x4 e4od runs and drives great but has a few electical gremlins.. when u switch the headlights on the rpms drops dead and has no dash lighting.. and somethimes it idle hunts in neutral.. and somethime the engine idles like around 1000 rpms and hard (dunno how to explain) and somethimes it idles around 650 and smooth u barely know its on.. and the gas guage is crazy goes from full to mid to 3/4.. other than that everything elsenis cool(pics later) I wanna start off with swapping a new ecm in it any one else has experience these symptoms?

blacksnapon

Staff member
A real headschtratcher for u guys.. my new obs 1994 bronco 5.8 4x4 e4od runs and drives great but has a few electical gremlins.. when u switch the headlights on the rpms drops dead and has no dash lighting.. and somethimes it idle hunts in neutral.. and somethime the engine idles like around 1000 rpms and hard (dunno how to explain) and somethimes it idles around 650 and smooth u barely know its on.. and the gas guage is crazy goes from full to mid to 3/4.. other than that everything elsenis cool(pics later) I wanna start off with swapping a new ecm in it any one else has experience these symptoms?
Ground issues. Probably in the kick panels or by the battery.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Today on my way to.work it jumps outta Od gonna chek.trans fluid level of swap another mlps sensor and ok just.clean and chek all.grounds in the kick panels?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts