Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Brake Line Length?

I have been having a pulling problem with my 2008 F350 Supercab. I changed the calipers and brackets all the way around and flushed the old fluid but still have a pull. I read that the rubber brake lines collapse inside over time and will cause this problem.

My question is what length do I need and why do the aftermarket stores offer 2 different lengths that both say they are exact fit for my truck?
One says 21.25" and the other says 22.63" and both have the exact same end sizes 3/8-24 and Banjo .375
Thank you in advance. I wanna get this pulling problem resolved once and for all.

Fellro

Staff member
Difference is 4wd vs 2wd. 4wd is longer due to higher ride height.

Difference is 4wd vs 2wd. 4wd is longer due to higher ride height.

Thank you for your reply. Are you positive about this. I mean it does make sense. Still on the O really web sight they have both lenghts listed as 4WD and the other stores don't even mention rear or 4wd. I am really amazzed at the research I have had to go through for something so common as changing brake hoses.

Fellro

Staff member
The info at the parts stores is only as good as the person putting it in the computer, which leaves a bit to be desired often.

So the brake lines came in and I installed them. The 22.63" lines were the ones. Thanks for the help and hope this solves someone elses problem down the line.
2008 Ford F-350 Superduty 4WD 5.4L Supercab 8 foot bed.

Ford Truck Articles