Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

This doesn't look good!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I have a thermostat that is sticking open. (Robert Shaw 333-192). Temps only get up to 180 when engine is warm. I thought no problem - order another one. Much to my amazement, I cannot locate a thermostat for a 400 engine.

Flowkooler no longer lists a thermostat for the 400. Tried a lot of other sites, and they all say they are no longer available and will not be reordered. WTH!

I did find a thermostat on a Mustang website for a 351C for (gulp) $55. Is the "C" thermostat interchangeable with the "M" thermostat?

If I remember the Motorcraft RT-139 is the proper replacement? I am having a hard time finding one of those, also.

Does someone have a source for these that they would be willing to share?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
This could suck!!...time to do some looking, thanks for the heads up!

Edit...I'm pretty sure the 351C is the same....flame suit on if I'm wrong!

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Better than hairy donkey nads :D

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Last edited:
Or hairy sheeps nads. Eric can run with this one..............

Mountain oysters ......... lightly fried to a golden colour and slathered with a nice white sauce - the taste is ok but the best thing is when you get to tell your dinner guests what they just ate.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Mountain oysters ......... lightly fried to a golden colour and slathered with a nice white sauce - the taste is ok but the best thing is when you get to tell your dinner guests what they just ate.

:rofl: :puke:

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
The napa thermostats are a crapshoot quality wise... I've had ones that open too early (120) and ones that wouldn't open. If you get a good one they seem to last a while though

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
^^ That's been my experience with their starters, also. The "current" :D one has been in service for about 4 years without any heatsoak problems, even.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
But seriously, folks, :D. I have been searching for almost a week and can't find a thermostat for these engines, short of "dime store" quality. I am willing to pay good money for a couple, just not $55 each.

Some of these were posted for sale on another website and one man bought all 13 of them.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Last I heard, they were having tooling issues...and expensive to fix. That was last January or so...was supposed to be A-OK by April-August. I reckon not.

Ford Truck Articles