Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Used DD

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
It's not a classic, but it'll do for what I need it for and I really, really like it so far:

2018-05-19_11_16_40.jpg

Did to it after I bought it from a one owner retired wealthy contractor, 99k miles:
-leveling kit, 3" front, 1" back, see before and after pics with stock wheels
-new wheels and tires (used, bought locally, PO used them ONE season only, same wheels I had on my KR - I like them), tires are 33".

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
STARTED WITH THE TOP PICTURE, THEN THE LEVELING KIT FOR THE SECOND PICTURE:
received_10217027853594817.jpeg

THEN NEW/USED WHEELS AND TIRES:
20180518_190814.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
2018-05-18_20_28_07.jpg

2018-05-18_20_27_59.jpg

2018-05-18_20_27_47.jpg

2018-05-18_20_27_36.jpg

Very nice Ken , i can't believe how fast your "budding mechanic" is growing !!!! Before you know it he'll be driving "his" truck :) :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Looking good. The boys are getting big doesn't seem that long ago they were wee tots.

Goes by fast.....when I first joined this site, both the boys weren't even on the radar and now they're both in school!!!! Yikes!

Very nice Ken , i can't believe how fast your "budding mechanic" is growing !!!! Before you know it he'll be driving "his" truck :) :)
Now that is a truly scary, scary thought......pretty cool though....that truck! Can you imagine having something like that at an early age? Yikes x2!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
That's exactly how my red truck was configured. It's a good ride.

I got a new-used daily driver too. Found a 2006 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 with only 109k miles on it. It has a few quirks because it sat parked for a couple years, but I'm ironing them out as time permits.

Ryan

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That's exactly how my red truck was configured. It's a good ride.

I got a new-used daily driver too. Found a 2006 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 with only 109k miles on it. It has a few quirks because it sat parked for a couple years, but I'm ironing them out as time permits.

Ryan

Looks like a similar rig to my 05...pretty cool.

That looks nice, Ken. Looks like somebody is pumped about the new wheels. :D

I am...I am a super big wheels and tires guy for sure!

It's not the PERFECT vehicle, but pretty darn close to what I want and am very happy with it.

I'm still looking....wifey says I can still spend a certain amount for my perfect one IF it's out there...might be.

I just want something a little unique, something older.

-Gen 6 or 7 (prefer carb)
-Auto
-AC
-extra cab (not 4 doors, too long I think) for the boys and fam
-4wd
-short bed (not even sure of the gen 6 or 7 options for a 5 or 6 foot bed or even if they made them, or if it needs to be custom)
-needs to be as close to turn key as possible, I cannot and do not want to mess with any type of major repairs or restoration

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Ken, I believe carbureted ford trucks ended in 1986.The later carbureted trucks were a feedback type, which presented its own set of problems.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken, I believe carbureted ford trucks ended in 1986.The later carbureted trucks were a feedback type, which presented its own set of problems.

So, anything carbed is going to be impossible to find with both a short bed and an extra cab.....ugh! I'll settle with the Gen 8's and 9's and still be happy.

Yes, I don't think the 5.5' bed existed until the modern trucks, circa 1997-2003 generation.

Ryan

Yeah...someone was telling me, the last several years, the new trucks were people's CARS with a bed....they weren't built to work like they were back in the day.

Wow! You did it again! Love it!
I’m trying to get a set of the early King Ranch rims for my truck. Such nice rims those King Ranch versions came with. Levelling kit is a must with these trucks.
Looks so good!!

You're right....leveling kit really makes the truck for sure!

Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Yeah...someone was telling me, the last several years, the new trucks were people's CARS with a bed....they weren't built to work like they were back in the day.

They can be.... but if you want a base model truck, you can get the same "workness" out of it. Probably even better.

Buuuuuttt if you want a King Ranch with 6 doors and a 2 foot bed, I'm sure that will come out soon.

Ryan

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
They can be.... but if you want a base model truck, you can get the same "workness" out of it. Probably even better.

Buuuuuttt if you want a King Ranch with 6 doors and a 2 foot bed, I'm sure that will come out soon.

Ryan

That would be cool actually! :rolleyes:'hippie'

dustybumpers

don't play well w others

Ryan
If he has enough money, I'll build him one.....:rofl:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
If he has enough money, I'll build him one.....:rofl:

I actually thought about that.....my DREAM truck would have been:
-a Gen 6,
-extra cab,
-5.5 ft box,
-automatic,
-ac,
-4wd, manual locking hubs
-3" lift, 33's
-small V8, carb

I told my wife the only way I'd get this is to find someone who had already custom built one or to have someone custom build one for me.....both of which I don't think will happen or have happened already.

How much would it take to build something like that. Not a show truck, but a nice functional truck that would last me 30 years with no problems?

Ford Truck Articles