Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Why the choice of 0w-30?

Smokin' Tires with my 5.0 on Tapatalk

I would guess low temp viscosity....Ford wants 5W-50 for the Shelby..and they recommend no running below 32

Dirky , the low range is nuts. Mine sounds like a backhoe in the granny gear or reverse with out low range.

Brakes are starting to get hard. I might have to do the upgrade like Ben's doing.

your's is awesome too Randy!!! Time for another pic :)

Thanks Roy... I just wax her a couple of weeks ago. But it has been hot, windy and dusty so she needs a good bath. When I get that done I will take a couple of pics and post them.:)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
20130907_120617_zps8e2beb7d.jpg

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
20130907_120414_zps1e711151.jpg

Pic whoring. ...can't stop looking at it every time I go outside!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Really? I had no idea that the Shelby suggested 5w-50.. Wow.. I though it was still a 5w-20

Probably because of the heat generated.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I would guess low temp viscosity....Ford wants 5W-50 for the Shelby..and they recommend no running below 32

After talking with the engine shop that rebuilt her with the po, and after its 10k break in with petroleum (also recommended by the engine shop) that was the recommendation as what Duncan said.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Well good news is ya don't generate heat in yours as ya don't drive the damn thing!!

It's good on gas that way as well :p

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Took it out (F150) this afternoon to run a few errands in town and I noticed it running about 30 degrees hotter than normal......before I start panicking, I'm going to check the oil and water levels to make sure she's topped off...remember, I just changed the fluids and filter in her a few weeks ago or so.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Oh, and I'm happy to say, I FINALLY was able to clear some space in my back barn to store the F250 when I'm not running it!!!

Makes me (and Grundy Insurance) happy when it's stored properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles