Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2011 Super Duty Dually thoughts.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
So,I never thought to look to see what the new dually would look like until now.

And,I must say,It is the most ugly thing I have ever seen.The grille still sucks,but now those dually fenders look like enormous fender flares just bolted on(I don't even think Bushwacker makes a set that obnoxious),or Octomom's hips,take your pick.Either way,it's a very poor design in my opinion.They could have done alot better.There was nothing wrong with the previous fenders.The half moon fenders do not fit well with the truck's styling.I won't be surprised if they re-design the rear fender flares for next year.I hope they just re-design the whole Super Duty line,it's already been beaten to death enough.The same cab style has been running since 99,it's about time to end it.But I guess they're planning on matching the 16 year same cab record set by the 80-96 trucks.

Here's a pic of the new Dually.

2011-ford-f-350-super-duty-06.jpg

normal_IMG_9460.JPG

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I don't like the fenders a bit, but I do have some attraction to the grille.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
The fenders do look pretty lame. But they are just going along with the new aerodynamic stuff people seem to want. I don't think they would make it if trends didn't lean toward this.

Although Ford does seem to be doing what Dodge did in like 1989 in regard to dually fenders.

sportutility.3036.1.jpg

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Uglier than sin in my opinion...maybe I'll have to deem these Ford's black years. But that's just my taste. As Sean suggested, they probably wouldn't do it if the people didn't want it

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'd still drive it over the new Chevys and Dodges. The grilles are pretty ugly too, but I give Ford alot of credit for such a bold look because you can't help but notice these trucks.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'd still drive it over the new Chevys and Dodges. The grilles are pretty ugly too, but I give Ford alot of credit for such a bold look because you can't help but notice these trucks.

Only because the blue oval runs through my blood would I pick the Ford over the other two. But if I were a little more tolerant of other brands...I'd go with the Chevy in a heart beat, I think they nailed the styling, one of the best looking trucks put on the road in a long time IMO.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
The Chevy does look alright :)

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Well, since I'm an interior guy, imma stick with Ford for a while. It seems like they have the best interiors in the business. It's like they spend more time contemplating flow and ergonomics.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
I do like the fender flares for the duals, reminds me of the first gen dodge duallys which i like

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I can tolerate the grille and may learn to like it over time like I learned to like the 08 front end... but I will banish those dually fender flares to hell.

Ryan

Wow, those flares are weird. But I guess it helps in the 25% better fuel economy. I am not a fan of the grill either, but if there was just billet there, it would probably look great

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Well guys I just traded my 06 F250 XLT Extended Cab (and gents, may I say, that was one good warhorse) for a 4 Door F250 Lariat (I got a killer, and I mean KILLER deal on a BARELY used one). My main criteria is pulling power, how well it pulls my trailer. And I MUST say, My new Lariat pulls like a GREAT RED APE compared to my 06.

Gunner

Gunner, care to disclose some of your pricing breakdowns you got on it? Curious to see what the 6.0 is going to be worth. You can send it via PM if you'd like. I also have an 06 with 49K and have been looking to upgrade to a new 11, this one in particular. It is loaded and from what I can tell has every option available.

$(KGrHqIOKpUE24S3Nw,0BN24-tOj8Q~~_4.JPG

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Gunner, care to disclose some of your pricing breakdowns you got on it? Curious to see what the 6.0 is going to be worth. You can send it via PM if you'd like. I also have an 06 with 49K and have been looking to upgrade to a new 11, this one in particular. It is loaded and from what I can tell has every option available.

$(KGrHqIOKpUE24S3Nw,0BN24-tOj8Q~~_4.JPG

PM sent! :D

Gunner

Got it, thanks for the info Gunner. I went today to check this truck out and the longbed just didn't do nothing for me. I don't know if it was because the truck was dirty or what but it sure is loooong. By the time I finished beating up the dealer I got them down to $31718 out the door with my truck. Still giving thought to it but am leaning more towards a shortbed.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
We've got a '11 CC/LB one-ton at work.

Drives a lot smaller than it looks. You never really forget the size, but I spend more time thinking about how enormous it is when I'm outside it, than I do when I'm behind the wheel. [confused]

EDIT: Since this is a dually thread...I don't think the dual fenders are half as ugly as the grill. Not sure whether I like 'em or not, but I know I HATE the front end. (I'll never grow to like it, but if current trends continue, the next one will still make it look almost good by comparison.)

We've got a '11 CC/LB one-ton at work.

Drives a lot smaller than it looks. You never really forget the size, but I spend more time thinking about how enormous it is when I'm outside it, than I do when I'm behind the wheel. [confused]

EDIT: Since this is a dually thread...I don't think the dual fenders are half as ugly as the grill. Not sure whether I like 'em or not, but I know I HATE the front end. (I'll never grow to like it, but if current trends continue, the next one will still make it look almost good by comparison.)

Damn, didn't even notice the dually part to the thread. I'm going to give it some thought before I count it out completely. It had a real nice list of options on it.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Well guys I just traded my 06 F250 XLT Extended Cab (and gents, may I say, that was one good warhorse) for a 4 Door F250 Lariat (I got a killer, and I mean KILLER deal on a BARELY used one). My main criteria is pulling power, how well it pulls my trailer. And I MUST say, My new Lariat pulls like a GREAT RED APE compared to my 06.

Gunner

Did you get it in Billings, or did you travel to Kellogg?

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Got it, thanks for the info Gunner. I went today to check this truck out and the longbed just didn't do nothing for me. I don't know if it was because the truck was dirty or what but it sure is loooong. By the time I finished beating up the dealer I got them down to $31718 out the door with my truck. Still giving thought to it but am leaning more towards a shortbed.

I doubt that you'd notice, acutally. One thing that suprised me (and quite frankly, it took me a while to decide if I liked this or not) was that the turning circle of my 4 door is every bit as tight (if not a little tighter) than my 06 extended cab. The one thing that really threw me was that instead of driving a superduty, it felt more like I was driving a REALLY big F150. Handles a LOT quicker and turns tighter than my 06 F250. And I didn't know (And still don't really) know if I like that or not. In my 06 you felt like you were driving a TRUCK. It turned like a truck, handled like a truck, stopped like a truck. My 11 Lariat, on the other hand, drives like a REALLY big, powerful car. It's a lot more nimble than my 06, has traction control (jury is still out on that), etc etc etc. As I said, I just feel like I'm driving around a BIG plush car, with a HUGE trailer hitched into the trunk, rather than a truck pulling a trailer.

Anyway, all in all I like mine. I think it was a worthwile trade.

Gunner

Ford Truck Articles