Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford Ranger Swap?? w/taurus sho engine? hmm...

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Don't throw possible transmission work out the window. If you get something like that, you could end up with an A4LD if you get an Auto. That means lots of work.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Out of curiousity, where do you plan on doing this swap? I doubt land lords would appreciate a project of this magnitude in their parking lot. Might be worth checking over any ordinances as well. I've seen on other sites where a guy's project gets towed away because it hadn't been moved in X amount of time.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Oh boy.......

Would it be easyer to just make the Ranger front wheel drive. Measure it out and see how close it is to just slide under and mount? Its more than likely is a huge job, but you never know it might be doable.

Fellro

Staff member
make it front and rear drive, one motor up front, one out back, go for 4 wheel steer as well... That kind of thing was done a while back in a Chevelle or something with Toronado V8's

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I'd find yourself a Mazda B whatever. You can probably get one cheaper than a Ranger since it isn't brand name.

Or just buy a GMC Syclone and call it a day, since it's already been done.

25209100002_large.jpg

dsc_0004.jpg

Unless you're loaded with bucks, you couldn't begin to start a project for the cost of a nice, factory completed truck.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts