Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

360 fe vacuum lines?? timing bump

anybody have a vacuum line diagram for a 360 in a 76 f150 4wd, c6 auto, 2150 motocraft carb all stock. i need to get all my vacuum lines done. even tually next spring i will rebuild it as a 390 but for now just need to do vacuum lines and bump my timing up a few degrees.

which way do i rotate the dizzy to bump the timing? clockwise or counterclockwise. please and thank you

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yes and it should go to a vacuum source, sometimes on a tee on the intake and sometimes on the carb

theres nothing on the intake. there is a spacer that came in a box of parts that has a big vacuum port on it. should i plug it into that?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Is there nothing on the base of the carb?

here are pictures of everything.

Attachments

• IMG_0103.JPG
  • IMG_0104.JPG
  • IMG_0102.JPG
  • IMG_0101.JPG
  • IMG_0100.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I believe that to be the case for the first picture and I'm not sure on the ones from the exhaust manifold...might have been for the snorkel on the air cleaner for preheating.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'll see if there are any diagrams in my 76 manual...I have a 73 one that shows routing, but I'm not sure if it would apply to the 76.

i got that pcv hooked up need to make it a little shorter though because it sits too high and pushes the air filter housing up but that'll take 5 minutes and i can do it tomorrow

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Best I could come up with at the moment is for a 73....I will post them in a few.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
First diagram is how the lines for the warm air inlet are

SCAN0798.JPG

This one is the one for a 73 360 w/auto, you probably don't have a bunch of the stuff shown as it usually gets removed.

SCAN0801.JPG

The PCV will go to that bolted off line that you showed.

i pulled the choke off the carb and wil be getting rid of the stupid line off of the exhaust manifold so that will clean everything up a bit so it will make it easier to fix the rest of the lines. then will find a manual choke for now

is this needed?

wondering if i have to keep this stuff or if i can toss it

Attachments

• IMG_0100.JPG
  • IMG_0101.JPG

Ford Truck Articles