Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your dent

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Better gas.
More control.
More fun.
:)

No so much, esp with a programmed transmission

No..again, refer to above

Debatable..even driven a manual valve body?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Show me a top fuel car, dragster, etc with a manual and then we can talk :D

If I could have optioned my Shelby with an auto, It would have been a no brainer :D

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Show me a top fuel car, dragster, etc with a manual and then we can talk :D

If I could have optioned my Shelby with an auto, It would have been a no brainer :D

when you get into that league yes, but for street driving, the standard is fun, but it will always be a draw on which people prefer, but saying that I think the future will all be auto's, the day's of the slush box auto's are over

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
They suck....

They are slower
They are a PITA in heavy traffic
They wear out sooner
They suck
Oh..did I mention they suck?

Let's go for a ride in my Ranger w/ 5R55E. I'll have you hating Autos quicker than you developed a hatred for GM vehicles. smilietease

-My 5R55E takes forever to get going.
-If I don't let my 5R55E go to the next gear in stop and go traffic, the next time it shifts to that gear, it will slam it.
-I've already put more money into my 5R55E than I have the p.o.s 3.0 Vulcan.
-The 5R55E isn't even a real 5 speed, the supposed "5th" gear is just a line of computer code that tricks the transmission into engaging overdrive twice, once after 2nd gear, and again after 4th gear.
-The 5R55E uses a bonded valve body gasket/separator plate that LOVES to tear and break on it's own. In simpler terms,
-It sucks.
-That idea sucks.
-And did I mention that the 5R55E sucks?

:D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm with Duncan...modern autos are quite capable and often times live longer and more efficient lives. Unless you're looking to be Steve McQueen...manuals suck.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Let's go for a ride in my Ranger w/ 5R55E. I'll have you hating Autos quicker than you developed a hatred for GM vehicles. smilietease

-My 5R55E takes forever to get going.
-If I don't let my 5R55E go to the next gear in stop and go traffic, the next time it shifts to that gear, it will slam it.
-I've already put more money into my 5R55E than I have the p.o.s 3.0 Vulcan.
-The 5R55E isn't even a real 5 speed, the supposed "5th" gear is just a line of computer code that tricks the transmission into engaging overdrive twice, once after 2nd gear, and again after 4th gear.
-The 5R55E uses a bonded valve body gasket/separator plate that LOVES to tear and break on it's own. In simpler terms,
-It sucks.
-That idea sucks.
-And did I mention that the 5R55E sucks?

:D

Hahahaha....love it....

I'm with Duncan...modern autos are quite capable and often times live longer and more efficient lives. Unless you're looking to be Steve McQueen...manuals suck.

Like I said, I think for modern vehicles, probably, but taking technology out of the equation, although automatic is a definite must when looking for a vehicle I AND my wife are to drive, I do miss driving the 4 speed bump....it was just a different experience in the cab, that's all. I'm all for hanging my arm out the window, or letting the hand fly while driving the auto, but there was something about working that stick shift that was just cool. smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
there was something about working that stick

I'm gonna let that go.

Beyond that...I hear you loud and clear. I've said it before...back when I was dd'ing a 4banger 5spd civic...every now and again it was fun to get rowdy (well as arowdy as single digit power can get you)...and boy oh boy, I was Mario Andretti. Then after a couple of stop lights, or bumper to bumper traffic, etc...I came back to practicality.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Manuals suck, that is all :D

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
If I ever buy another Ranger again, it will be a 5 speed, or a heavily modified 5R55E.

That being said, my F150 will have a C6 automatic. I don't like the available manuals offered in 1980, and the C6 was the only available transmission for the Trailer Special package anyway.

If every vehicle in the world was equipped with a less-parasitic non-computer controlled C6, the world would be a better place.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
UTfball68 said:
I'm gonna let that go.

Beyond that...I hear you loud and clear. I've said it before...back when I was dd'ing a 4banger 5spd civic...every now and again it was fun to get rowdy (well as arowdy as single digit power can get you)...and boy oh boy, I was Mario Andretti. Then after a couple of stop lights, or bumper to bumper traffic, etc...I came back to practicality.

:)

Amen to that! Been there too!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
aussie_f350 said:
It's hard to drink beer and drive a manual!! Especially around town!!!

Not if you have one of those beer hats! :)

havi

third member
I'm actually looking to be Steve McQueen. :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts