Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fair price? 1976 F250 Reg. cab highboy

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
What's the maintenance like on a truck like this?

Trucks as this with proper upkeep and general maintenance will give many yrs of mechanical service,they reqiure routine checks/maintenance as anything else,in all honesty they were built pretty damn tough and do last with care....your right foot also comes to play in this as well.
That sure is a sharp rig....I feel the asking is price is a bit steep....but fair imho..cant give them away.
smilieFordlogo

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
What's the maintenance like on a truck like this?

Like Bob said, it's not much different than your every day driver......proper upkeep and she'll last just like any other vehicle out there....also depends on how you drive it. All I've done to my dent (outside of fun upgrades) is an oil change here and there cause I only put 500-2000 miles a year on it.

I know that he is sitting on probably 50k+ of trucks right now.
I thought about buying direct from the States, but for myself, I would have to physically look at it and drive it...so at least a 2k trip...and I figure that there will be at least 2 of them, plus the time and $$ to get it back here.

I paid him a premium, but when I look at the big picture, it was easier and I only drove 90 min to look at it.

When we looked at buying both the 77 and 79, we did the math and it wasn't that bad (OUTSIDE OF TIME AWAY, EH? As you know Duncan, time is money in business) getting it....I left on Wed night (only because the 4th of July holiday was that Thursday) and got back on Sat, $700+ in gas for an 1800 mile trip and a couple of nice days away from the office driving the 79 through many cities along the east coast.........was well worth it.

When we got the 77 almost 4 years ago, we almost had it shipped and decided to make a vacation out of it and as most of you already know, is in-arguably our most fond traveling memories to date. Cost was over $2k, but a good portion of that we considered vacation money!

Trucks as this with proper upkeep and general maintenance will give many yrs of mechanical service,they reqiure routine checks/maintenance as anything else,in all honesty they were built pretty damn tough and do last with care....your right foot also comes to play in this as well.
That sure is a sharp rig....I feel the asking is price is a bit steep....but fair imho..cant give them away.
smilieFordlogo

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts