Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need info on 70's Ford truck/bronco conversions

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Well I asked before . Thought be cool to see what Dealer /aftermarket conversions were sold through dealers in the 70's

Here in PA they had the sandbox conversion ( what I always see them advertised as ) . If u ever saw a set of white spoke rims with heart shaped openings they came from these. I had a 79 myself.

Basically full body sticker /paint with landscape /space scene on side . Some had leather tops small Ford oval windows in back of cab . Both Broncos and F trucks could be had . Custom bucket seats

I'm currently hunting for pics , brochures, anything about them. So it be interesting to see what you 40+ year old guys remember. Thanks

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
years ago i had a set of the heart shaped spokes. sold'm for big bucks to a chic that put'm on her 79 f150 shrt bed 4x4. 2 weeks later she drove it into the river

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
years ago i had a set of the heart shaped spokes. sold'm for big bucks to a chic that put'm on her 79 f150 shrt bed 4x4. 2 weeks later she drove it into the river

I've seen them for $500a set at Carlisle and Hershey PA Car shows.

Maybe this type truck was further spread out than I thought .

I have a few pics of conversions that in 70's Peterson Books.
Mostly vans.

Texas/Colorado (western theme) schemes were quite popular.

California (Beach theme)

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Cool . On the rims. That's the first thing I removed when I bought mine. Looked dorky with the 33"S .

The truck I had had a dealer brochure in glovebox . Wish I'd kept it.

Well I'm off this week and am going to take ride to see if the couple I know of still exist . If they do at least get pic of the back cab..

I have people looking for me for pics. Working on it ...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts