Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

got jacked!!!!

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
last sunday the 29th my wheels and tires got jacked off my excursion. i guess they need the wheels and tires more then i did. ive got a picture of it setting on blocks. had to take some work to do. it was a pain getting it back up to put on my spare set i had. that were 4.5 hrs from me. i was at work and the excursion was setting at our bunkhouse. it was only setting for about 3hrs when no one was there. well the insurace adjuster wrote me a check and hopefully the new wheels and tires get here before i have to go to work because it looks really funny with the spare set on it.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Wow.. when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was gonna be a joke...

You actually got jacked! At least the insurance will pay for it...

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Did you get a picture of it while it was up on blocks?

I hope they were courteous enough to give you some solid places of the frame for it to stand on.

Ryan

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0357.jpg

IMAG0358.jpg

no the put the blocks under the shock mounts on back and under the u bolt studs in front. but there are a couple of pics of new wheels and tires. 37x12.50r20 new fuel revolvers and nitto trail grapplers

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Just saw this thread, truck looks great with the new rims and tires. Just curious, did you have locking wheel lug nuts? did they damage anything when the A-hole's took your previous rims and tires?

I was thinking the same thing about the locking lug nuts, but know a repo company that says there's an easy way around those....

I also thought this thread was a joke when I read the heading....sorry this happened to you....sucks! :headbang:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Damn...I thought this thread was going to be about a lift install. Sorry about the theft...I'd feel so extremely violated. New shoes look good.

KCAutosound

Charter Member
although you got new wheels I know you have to have that feeling in your gut that you got violated. I came outside to my driveway to find my Camaro sitting on it's rotors and the interior ripped out. In all I lost over $9000 in one night with the wheels, blower intake and audio system. That was about 12 years ago and still burns me up when I think about it.

I can't even think like those guys that do that. A person that can take risks like that or can freely damage or steal something scares me. What else are they willing to do or even worse is what if you corner the guy that is doing it, at what limit is he willing to go to get away.

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
i had splined nuts but i guess thats not good enough the only damage was the u bolt they set the truck on in the front loosened up. i was really glad they didnt do any body damage or break any glass

although you got new wheels I know you have to have that feeling in your gut that you got violated. I came outside to my driveway to find my Camaro sitting on it's rotors and the interior ripped out. In all I lost over $9000 in one night with the wheels, blower intake and audio system. That was about 12 years ago and still burns me up when I think about it.

I can't even think like those guys that do that. A person that can take risks like that or can freely damage or steal something scares me. What else are they willing to do or even worse is what if you corner the guy that is doing it, at what limit is he willing to go to get away.

bottom line, and I think you already know the answer, they will harm or worse kill you. I know I wouldn't try to stop them, life is more valuable than any vehicle.

Fellro

Staff member
There are sockets that grab the outside of the nut. Tire shops have them for cases where the lock fails or is lost, so you know that thieves can get access as well.

KCAutosound

Charter Member
bottom line, and I think you already know the answer, they will harm or worse kill you. I know I wouldn't try to stop them, life is more valuable than any vehicle.

I had a customer a few years ago get shot dead in his driveway when he ran out to stop some thieves. His mother was selling his car and called to see how much the audio equipment was worth that I installed.

David1357

'94 F150 5.0
Sorry to hear about the aggravating theft. I thought, by the post title, you were car jacked...which is what 'jacked' means up here. Last Tues, a very famous preacher was robbed and car jacked. This guy and his family has sold over 1 million records, tours, started an inner-city school 20 yrs ago, and operates a soup kitchen--didn't matter; the theives took his watch, his wallet, his ring, and his car. Thieves just don't give a d--- about anyone but themselves.

Ford Truck Articles