Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Alittle needed maintaince on the Ex

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
I did a little maintaince on the ex today. New bilstein shocks. I also reacwd the ficm. I got a replacement from innovative. I went with the 58 volt upgrade.

I could tell the difference as soon as I started it. The rough idle is gone. Throttle response is great.

Now I need to change the coolant tank. It looks like it is developing cracks.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Sounds like a good day's work. Any improvement in your ride quality?

Ryan

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
Next is to have the alt rebuilt. I still have the old one off of the F350. I'm going to have it rebuilt. I think they can get some more amps out of it.

The ex is still running the original head gaskets, egr and oil cooler.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Next is to have the alt rebuilt. I still have the old one off of the F350. I'm going to have it rebuilt. I think they can get some more amps out of it.

The ex is still running the original head gaskets, egr and oil cooler.

There is nothing wrong with running with original heads, EGR and oil cooler.

My heads are original and so is my oil cooler. The EGR was replaced at N/C by my dealer mechanic who had a good used one on his work bench (mine was just gummed up and starting tho stick)... but other wise still working.

The best mod to install (if not already) is a dieselsite.com coolant filter and due a cooling system fluh with distilled water. You will be amazed at what the coolant filter will clean out (which will save your oil cooler).

Ford Truck Articles