Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My first kinda hotrod truck.

Hey guys i picked me up this 2003 ford explorer about a month ago it has a 302 with gt40p heads its carburated also backed with an AOD trans and a for 7.5 rear end. Well i blew up the trans so i found a c4 and a decent convertor i wanna take the 7.5 out and put a 8.8 in it that i scored has disk brakes and a posi

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
I'm really not sure what you're talking about....this is the Ranger forum but with that said, your MY Explorer and like all of them for that year has IRS and only came with an 8.8" ring, they had rear disc brakes and maybe/maybe not on the posi. Without looking at it, the VIN and a visit to Ford ETIS should confirm the latter.

Ya its a ranger the motor came from an explorer i cant figure out how to fix it lol i was told the rear end came from an 2003 explorer sport.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Ya its a ranger the motor came from an explorer i cant figure out how to fix it lol i was told the rear end came from an 2003 explorer sport.

Sport Expl rear end is not the same as a regular Expl for 03, you might want to get serious when posting and clearly tell people what you actually have if you expect anyone to help you with anything meaningful or else, it's just a waste of everyones time, and it's not a pull my finger, "lol" boogie thing. :-/

Last edited:
e374ac8121d38311bfd450c55176757a.jpg

Ford Truck Articles