Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

820 Ford Hemi

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
0-60 in one second is nuts. and I was just givin you a hard time, hope I didn't offend (did I just say that? kinder gentler FTF :D)

Nah, if I can't take a comment like that....I shouldn't even be on here, let alone driving and owning a dent. I appreciate it though.

Besides, Ben's got my back!

Can you imagine the Gforce in 0-60 in one second? Damn.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Besides, Ben's got my back!

No doubt...just remember Paul...if we wanted any lip from you, we'd scrape it off our zippers. BTW, if you continue your shenanigans, I'll fart on your pillow and give you pink eye.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
I don't know about that. The hemis sold in the 68 Baracuda and Dart packages were rumored at 550 HP.I don't think any 820 HP hemis were running around stock.I would have to imagine that someone somewhere dynoed it back then and,if it did in fact produce 820/750, there's no way that could have been kept a secret for so long.I don't doubt that it produced more hp/tq than claimed, though.

A rebuilt to stock spec Mopar Hemi (426 cubic inches) was rated from the factory with 425 horsepower at the flywheel. The guy i built my old Firebird with had one we rebuilt to STOCK specs with oem parts for a friend of his Road Runner dynoed at 510hp at the flywheel.

There was a huge amount of fudging of numbers as smogging grew emminant..same reason everyone switched to net hp ratings after 1971.

As for that 820 ci...uhmm thats what yall can get me for xmas

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
A rebuilt to stock spec Mopar Hemi (426 cubic inches) was rated from the factory with 425 horsepower at the flywheel. The guy i built my old Firebird with had one we rebuilt to STOCK specs with oem parts for a friend of his Road Runner dynoed at 510hp at the flywheel.

There was a huge amount of fudging of numbers as smogging grew emminant..same reason everyone switched to net hp ratings after 1971.

As for that 820 ci...uhmm thats what yall can get me for xmas

Same with Ford of the era...under rate the power numbers for insurance and make all the pollution numbers look good and whatnot. I can't say I have any real first hand knowledge, but I know some guys that say engines could be underated as much as 90hp.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'd sell it for $40k, and buy Ranger429's bronco and supercab for say $30k and put the additional $10k in them both to get them each to 500-600 HP. smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles