Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

63 f100 brake help

hi i have a 63 f100 an im putting a 460 big block with a c6....im going to leave the drum brakes but i wanted to put a dule master clinder but i dont know what would work...if you know please let me know

thanks

dule master cylinder's for drum brakes were installed in 68-75 f100,
you will also need the porp valve (brake pressure differential valve)
It will replace the brake line Block mounted to the frame (where all the lines meet up under the truck), then you will need to have the correct lines for the front because i doubt the original lines will work for the front... i think the rear line will work but not 100% sure about that.

I would think about swaping in Disc brakes, with the extra weight of a 460 and if your going to drive it in traffic you may find them worth the money.

just thought of this... they offered Power drum brakes back then, If you find a booster you need the offset bracket and you'll need to shorten the rod from the peddel altho i dont know by how much?

Good luck.

I wonder if there is a catalog part for the power brake parts? I am working on a 63 myself.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
dule master cylinder's for drum brakes were installed in 68-75 f100,
you will also need the porp valve (brake pressure differential valve)
It will replace the brake line Block mounted to the frame (where all the lines meet up under the truck), then you will need to have the correct lines for the front because i doubt the original lines will work for the front... i think the rear line will work but not 100% sure about that.

I would think about swaping in Disc brakes, with the extra weight of a 460 and if your going to drive it in traffic you may find them worth the money.
First year for dual master cylinders car & truck: 1967.

But...it's best to stay away from 1967, as the master/booster/brake pedal/prop valve/and etc. are all 1967 only.

Hey Mister Wilson! Power drum brakes were not available on 1961/64 F100's. Ford didn't even offer a dealer installed kit like they did 1957/60.

I looked in the 1957/63 & 1964/72 truck parts catalogs. There is no listing for a power brake booster for any 1961/64 F100, nor F250/350's either.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts