Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What distributor do I have

Hi All

I was surprised when I bought a new distributor cap, rotor, points and condenser for my 66 F100 with a 352 to find out that the previous owner replaced the distributor with electronic system. The problem that I have is I do not know what this distributor this is from. I would like to purchase a new distributor cap and rotor but I am not sure what to get. Possibly some one can help. I have the number that are on the side of the distributor they are

D5TE 12127 EA
5K8
If any one can help I would be very happy.

Thanks

Steve

Fellro

Staff member
Pics would help, but it is possible to be a Duraspark. If the cap is two piece, it is likely to be such.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
It's probably a duraspark deal off of a a later FE, such as a 360 or 390.

Does it have the brain box on the drivers side fender?

If so you could probably get parts for like a 1976 or something and they'd be right...

Pics would help though

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I was surprised when I bought a new distributor cap, rotor, points and condenser for my 66 F100 with a 352 to find out that the previous owner replaced the distributor with electronic system. The problem that I have is I do not know what this distributor this is from. I would like to purchase a new distributor cap and rotor but I am not sure what to get. Possibly some one can help. I have the number that are on the side of the distributor they are

D5TE 12127 EA = D5TZ12127E

5K8 = Assembled October (K) 8, 1975 (5).
Hmmm...I read and answered this post...on another site...several days ago.

For the benefit of FTF members...the dizzy is from a 1975/76 F100/350 with a 360/390...used with DuraSpark Electronic Ignition.

D5AZ12106A .. Dizzy Cap (Motorcraft DH354)

D5PZ12200A .. Rotor (Motorcraft DR5B)

Both fit: ALL 1975/76 V8 Passenger Cars/Trucks/Econolines/Bronco's.

1977 and later V8's use a different cap & rotor (and the base adapter).

1957/74 is different than 1975/76.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the information. I do believe it is a 75/76 360/390 model. I am heading to my locally owned parts store to see if they have one. Thanks again for the help

Steve

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts