Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'88 F230 & '89 F250

Trying to take off the headlight bezels to repair, replace, swap etc. I cannot find instructions in my Chilton's manual, AllData, or in online forums to cover these years. My F250's lenses are coming apart from the bezels which could allow me to polish both the inside & outside, but one of the bezels is melted while the other had no reflective finish inside. I am considering borrowing the lenses from my F350 until I get my hands on some brand new ones.

Anyone have clear instructions on removing the headlight assemblies?

I'm not positive that my 96 bezels are the same as yours. But, let me say this, if I ever find the jerk who engineered how the 96 bezels attach, I'll run him off the road and double-tap him. I just changed from a chrome to a black grill/bezels and those freakin bezels were a bi*ch to get out/install. If you know that yours are the same, I'll be happy to tell you what I had to go through so that you can prepare for the worst.

optikalillushun

Coal Cracker
92-96 bezels/headlights are cake to get off compared to the 87-91. i swapped to clear corners on my 88 and it took a while to swap em out. i dont remember how i did it, but lemme check if i took some pics.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I'm not positive that my 96 bezels are the same as yours. But, let me say this, if I ever find the jerk who engineered how the 96 bezels attach, I'll run him off the road and double-tap him. I just changed from a chrome to a black grill/bezels and those freakin bezels were a bi*ch to get out/install. If you know that yours are the same, I'll be happy to tell you what I had to go through so that you can prepare for the worst.

The bezels just screw on! remove the lights

Other than having big hands and needing to remove air box ,grill and battery out way its a 20 minute job per side .

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
On the 89 The chrome was part of light . You had to order chrome or no chrome for replacement . The chrome does come off but not fun .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts