Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

400m

Hi guys first time to post on here. I've got a couple of broncos one has a blowed up 460 and the other has a 400m. I'm wonting to do a cam and intake and carb swap on the 400 just to make it a little more spunky. And I was wondering have y'all had better results with the weind or edelbrock intake. The truck has 44 boggers on it just used as a mud toy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Not sure on intake but best thing to do would be to call Tim Meyer inc.. He's the king of 400's and will point you in the right direction, and is apparently a great source for ordering parts as well..

you re right on the money, buy a weiand intake, an rv cam, a small 4bbl carb long tubes and a straight up timing chain and you are on the 300 horses and lots of tq..... ANDDD please its just 400 no m there...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
TMI is the place to go for questions and parts. The difference in the intakes is minimal in a mild 400 IMO. But the Weiand tends to like to operate at a couple hundred more rpm...and being a mud truck, I'd opt for that.

Ok thanks guys i don't wont to put alot off money in this motor runs to good just try to wake it up a little. Prolly gonna build the 460 and do a big stroker for it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts