Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

300 rear sump oil pan

tinman52

Tin bender
Hey guys, I need a lesson on oil pans........

My current project is trying to stuff a 300 six into my '51 Ford cabover truck. Problem is the chassis is brand "X", so I got that huge cross member in the way.
Sooooo, I need to find a rear sump oil pan......I think they exist, but what vehicle did they come in? Local junkyards may have one if I can nail down the model and year. And maybe a pic or link for a visual? Thanks ....:)

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Hey guys, I need a lesson on oil pans........

My current project is trying to stuff a 300 six into my '51 Ford cabover truck. Problem is the chassis is brand "X", so I got that huge cross member in the way.
Sooooo, I need to find a rear sump oil pan......I think they exist, but what vehicle did they come in? Local junkyards may have one if I can nail down the model and year. And maybe a pic or link for a visual? Thanks ....:)

1980+ all had rear sump oil pans. Here's a picture of my old 300. You can see a little bit of the pan.

picture575.jpg

tinman52

Tin bender
Shaun, thanks for the pic.........that style should work.
From what i have read, the '80-'82 motors have the dipstick in the pan and the later motors had it in the block. Sound right?
Since my 300 is a '77 (mid sump) I would need the pan mounted dipstick I guess...

Ford Truck Articles