Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1995 F250 Instrument Cluster Lighting

I just replaced my instrument cluster lights with LED's as was recommended on this site and I am very pleased with MOST of the results. It appears I have a backplane issue on the cluster which causes the lights on the left side of the cluster to not light. I can get my hands on another gauge cluster but the instruments are not the same. No RPM's. Are the backplanes the same ? Can I just take my instruments out and plug them in to the other backplane ? Thanks ... Mike

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I presume he means the sheet of circuitry that connects all the electronics together. If so, I'm fairly certain it's not swappable between cluster configurations. But also it should be fairly easy to find the break(s) and solder them, no?

I probably could solder and repair. My 74 Ford Torino did the same thing when I lived in Italy (Navy days) and that's what I did. I just know how easy it was to get this one out and know where another is close to where I live. Didn't really want to mess with the hassle of repair but that is definitely an option. My military background is where I got the word backplane which we used for anything that had something plugged into it and wasn't a motherboard. I'm sure Ford has a name for it but I didn't know what it was. Thanks for the help guys.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts