Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 7

Generation 7 1980-1986 F150, F250, F350

Old 10-26-2018, 02:39 PM
old brown truck

CPBaptista is on a distinguished road
air injection tube

Im new here but could use some help. I'm getting my '81 F100 back on the road for my daughter and need a new air injection tube. It's a 300 straight 6 and I'm in California so I can't just do without. The last time it broke the dealer said it is no longer available so I fixed it. Well it is rusted out beyond repair now. LMC truck sent the wrong one and my local parts store can only get the wrong one. This one curves up in the back to accept a vacuum switch that is also connected to the exhaust. I bought the truck new and this is how it came. Does anyone know where to get one or how to get around this issue without moving to another state?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2018, 03:53 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
did you contact LMC about getting the right one or refunded on the wrong one?? their Customer service team is great about fixing mistakes.. if its discontinued you may need to either custom fab one if its a hard line or get a shop somewhere to make it.. had to get some ac hoses custom made once when they were discontinued...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Old 10-26-2018, 05:42 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Rock auto has one
TANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS AT154 {#D6TZ9B445A} Info
MANIFOLD

$68.99

Last edited by dustybumpers; 10-26-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:41 AM
Ford Parts Guru

BKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPBaptista View Post
Im new here but could use some help. I'm getting my '81 F100 back on the road for my daughter and need a new air injection tube. It's a 300 straight 6 and I'm in California so I can't just do without. The last time it broke the dealer said it is no longer available so I fixed it. Well it is rusted out beyond repair now. LMC truck sent the wrong one and my local parts store can only get the wrong one. This one curves up in the back to accept a vacuum switch that is also connected to the exhaust. I bought the truck new and this is how it came. Does anyone know where to get one or how to get around this issue without moving to another state?
E1TZ-9B445-A .. 300 I-6 Exhaust Air Supply Manifold-Use with CA emission / Marked: E1TE-9H445-AB / Obsolete

1981 E & F100/250.

No Ford dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.

What the difference is between this & D6TZ-9B445-A (see post #3), I don't know.

Pic of the little charmer:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181028013256FPS-8472-B.jpg (249.5 KB, 8 views)

2017 Fusion SE

Last edited by BKW; 10-28-2018 at 04:45 AM.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:14 PM
old brown truck

Thanks for all of the help. I think the difference is one (the one I have) simply puts air into the exhaust. The one I need puts air to the back of the engine compartment where a vacuum controlled valve changes between post catalytic converter exhaust and said air. don't ask me why I can only guess it's a California thing.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:18 PM
old brown truck

So I looked at the one on Rock auto and it is the same as I have. The difference is as stated above.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:25 PM
old brown truck

So Bill are you saying that they are in fact not to purchased anywhere that you know of? You do seem to be the best info I've found. If I have to have one made the one they sent may be a good starting point.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:06 PM
Ford Parts Guru

BKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant futureBKW has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPBaptista View Post
So Bill are you saying that they are in fact not to purchased anywhere that you know of?
No one has any of E1TZ-9B445-A

Maybe Gary can help you, he's an authority on these trucks and has put together a "garagemahal" for them.

janeyandgary@gmail.com // Gary lives in OK

2017 Fusion SE

Last edited by BKW; 10-29-2018 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:12 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
It's an air injection tube from the air pump into each cylinder.
The one on rock auto is as close as you get aftermarket.
Ford no longer makes the part
You may find one in the junk yard, but the condition will probably match yours

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2018, 05:18 PM
Ford Parts Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
It's an air injection tube from the air pump into each cylinder.

The one on rock auto is as close as you get aftermarket. Ford no longer makes the part.

You may find one in the junk yard, but the condition will probably match yours, and be just as hard (maybe harder) to remove.
Fixed it for you...

These tubes were crap, some thread into a large nut, but when you attempt to turn the nut, the tube twists and splits open.

2017 Fusion SE