Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What to look for in a 6.4 truck

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If I'm reading it right looks like at 14,000 is max weight, so it should be good there; Anybody know how well a CCSB handles a trailer on the road?

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
Don't have a GN trailer, but our ccsb 6.4 F250 is set up for one. I also use it to tow the Bronco when I'm going longer than I feel comfortable taking the 96 for.. hauls great. Also tows a 30+ft landscape trailer every day. Beast mode. 8-9 mpg pulling cutting trailer in mixed driving. Got 17 out of it on the highway on my last trip to VA with no weight in/on it except the tool boxes

1078922_601040511172_1233452455_o.jpg

1015261_597832130792_1195415029_o.jpg

Probably around 18-19k lbs on this trip.. got 7mpg over 500 miles

1014848_597172822052_1742443226_o.jpg

1053107_596857464032_690102716_o.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If I'm reading it right looks like at 14,000 is max weight, so it should be good there; Anybody know how well a CCSB handles a trailer on the road?

I read 15,300...and I'm guessing it will weigh (the truck) around 8000 with you and full fuel in it...I don't know what the truck GVW is, my 05 350 is 11400....I'm guessing that the 250 will be maybe 10-10500...so you have at least a 2000lb margin for pin weight.
I know a lot of guys here that use both them and the 350's (CCSB) to tow that sort of thing and there are no complaints.

Awesome thanks yall, it'll be next week before I get to talk to the dealer.. (I get off Friday)

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler

They pull great

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
They dont wag at all. Ive ran 3 cc sb trucks. Never had trouble with the goose neck or the 3/4 tons. Even the half ton cc sb dodge pulled great bumper pull. My dad has a cc sb 06 f350 and mine is a cc lb 05 f350. Dont notice any difference pulling with them, except the lb rides better :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Much appreciated mang, I'll post up what I end up with..

Ok so to update this, I talked to the dealer and I was looking at about 5k down and about 1k a month on the payment; While I could have been able to do it it was way outside of my comfort zone and would have left me with little to no wiggle room. So I decided to pass and will look into this in about a year or so..

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I prefer pulling with a shorter wheelbase truck, within reason.

Sent from the comfort of my toilet seat.

1k a month?!??!???

Fawk that I'm good!!!!

Smokin' Tires with my 5.0 on Tapatalk

Ya, it was like 989.xx or something; Looking on CL decent trucks run about 10k or so. So I think I'm gonna try and go that route next year..

I prefer pulling with a shorter wheelbase truck, within reason.

Intersting, any particular reason why?

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Maneuverability. When I worked in the oilfield, you find yourself in a lot of tight quarters. Extended cab shortbox is good for me, for a work truck. Or a regular cab long box. For a personal truck, I would go crew cab short box, just for the interior room.

Ok that makes sense, guess I'm used to hot shot and long haul where you'd want the wheel base for ride comfort.. (If that makes any sense)

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
When I was hot shotting, it was pretty local, usually within a 300 mile radius. Sure, you could be in the truck for 15 hours, but its not a long long distance. I used everything from a crew cab long box to a regular cab long box, and I just prefer a shorter wheel base for my style. ;)

Ok so to update this, I talked to the dealer and I was looking at about 5k down and about 1k a month on the payment; While I could have been able to do it it was way outside of my comfort zone and would have left me with little to no wiggle room. So I decided to pass and will look into this in about a year or so..

Was that for 36 months?

Ford Truck Articles