Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2011 F-350 6.7 Powerstroke

I bought a 2011 F-350 Crew Cab Long Box King Ranch with the 6.7 Powerstroke. So far I'm impressed. I had a 99 7.3 and 2005 6.0. This diesel is very quiet, however it has a fair amount of "fan" noise. Mileage is between 12-16 depending on if I'm pulling. I got 1600 miles on it. The Navigation is pretty cool. It has all the bells and whistles, except moon roof. The RPM's have really dropped with the 6 speed and the 735 ft lbs of torque seems to keep me moving when I need it. I haven't heard anything bad, just wondering if anyone has. The King Ranch has a different leather which seems much more forgiving. My 05 was a KR too. Seats required a lot of maintenance to keep them looking nice.

I do notice this 2011 seems to squat more than my 05. I noticed Ford went to 3 thicker leaf springs than the five on my 05. I have the factory gooseneck which is nice. It is also the FX 4 package.

I haven't needed to add any exhaust fluid! I guess about every 7,000 miles. The exhaust is amazingly clean, my tip is super clean on the internal pipe. It doesn't smell like a diesel either.

Attachments

• Front Left.JPG

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Keep us updated, seems like all good so far, don't mind Chris, he drives truck with a dented tailgate, and sparkplugs. Several really great Diesel tech's here that you might like to get to know. They don't post a whole lot, but they respond really quickly when you have a question.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Keep us updated, seems like all good so far, don't mind Chris, he drives truck with a dented tailgate, and sparkplugs. Several really great Diesel tech's here that you might like to get to know. They don't post a whole lot, but they respond really quickly when you have a question.
HEY! My tailgate is FIX'T thank you very much.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
HEY! My tailgate is FIX'T thank you very much.
Only cause Brad Fed-Ex'd you a new one, seeing as he about cried when you dented, scratch that, "scratched it".

F/450 harley davidson

Hi all just wondering if anyone has a pic of the Harley model in the super duty 450 2011,i am seriously thinking of importing one,although there is only one company over here that has the permit to convert it and guess what they charge $48,000 aus to do it,i would appreciate any pics .

cheers beachbum

blacksnapon

Staff member
Just figure on adding the DEF at every oil change. So far, there hasn't been any reports of cronic problems with them, just scattered odd issues.
I bought a 2011 F-350 Crew Cab Long Box King Ranch with the 6.7 Powerstroke. So far I'm impressed. I had a 99 7.3 and 2005 6.0. This diesel is very quiet, however it has a fair amount of "fan" noise. Mileage is between 12-16 depending on if I'm pulling. I got 1600 miles on it. The Navigation is pretty cool. It has all the bells and whistles, except moon roof. The RPM's have really dropped with the 6 speed and the 735 ft lbs of torque seems to keep me moving when I need it. I haven't heard anything bad, just wondering if anyone has. The King Ranch has a different leather which seems much more forgiving. My 05 was a KR too. Seats required a lot of maintenance to keep them looking nice.

I do notice this 2011 seems to squat more than my 05. I noticed Ford went to 3 thicker leaf springs than the five on my 05. I have the factory gooseneck which is nice. It is also the FX 4 package.

I haven't needed to add any exhaust fluid! I guess about every 7,000 miles. The exhaust is amazingly clean, my tip is super clean on the internal pipe. It doesn't smell like a diesel either.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
I hope a few of you old hands remember me.............I've been gone for a while. Just traded my black 06 F250 XLT extended cab for a (slightly used, actually barely broke in) 11 F250 Lariat 4 door. The DEF is a DRAG, but in all honesty, the 11 pulls like an APE. My 3 slide 5th wheel is 14400 Gross........and my new truck will pull it into St. Louis heading east on 44 at 70 WITH THE CRUISE ON. THE THING IS AN ABSOLUTE APE. I'm VERY pleased with it so far.......but I'd be interested to hear about any recurring problems that might be making the rounds.

Gunner

blacksnapon

Staff member
I hope a few of you old hands remember me.............I've been gone for a while. Just traded my black 06 F250 XLT extended cab for a (slightly used, actually barely broke in) 11 F250 Lariat 4 door. The DEF is a DRAG, but in all honesty, the 11 pulls like an APE. My 3 slide 5th wheel is 14400 Gross........and my new truck will pull it into St. Louis heading east on 44 at 70 WITH THE CRUISE ON. THE THING IS AN ABSOLUTE APE. I'm VERY pleased with it so far.......but I'd be interested to hear about any recurring problems that might be making the rounds.

Gunner

There was a few instances of nox sensors failing, especially in northern climates with very cold weather. I believe they have that worked out. A couple of odd shifting issues that can pop up, but other than that, nothing.

Ford Truck Articles