Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Brother and His Model T

My Brother is in to Model Ts in a big way. This summer he and others drove their Model Ts to the 100th anniversary of the Model T celebration in Richmond Indiana from here in St. Louis.

sj2tn20080811-0813wcj-modeltclub000.ii1.jpg

Photos courtesy of Dave Kuenzel / Members of the Model T Club of Greater St. Louis embarked on a two-day trip to Richmond, Ind., for the 100th-anniversary celebration of the Model T. Ready to roll out in their touring cars and a roadster are, from left, Kent Gilbane of Columbia and Lisa Romkema of south St. Louis County; Sean, Mary Ellen and Steve Stevenson of Affton; Flo Reichart (in front) of Lemay; Diana and Steve Thum of Webster Groves; Cindy and Sam Atkinson of Ellisville; and Dave Kuenzel of Ellisville. They stand in front of the Thums’ 1925 touring Model T.

sj2tn20080811-0813wcj-modeltclub000.ii11.jpg

Four members' cars from Missouri and two from Illinois drove about 40 miles per hour along Highway 40 across Illinois, spent the night in Terre Haute, then completed the route across Indiana to Richmond, where the 2008 Centennial T Party was held July 21 to 26. Two had trouble early the second day and arrived in Richmond on a "vulture wagon" traveling with the tourists. All flivvers made their way home without incident.

The entire article can be read here:

Local Model Ts crank up 100-year enthusiasm
Cars chug along Highway 40 to Richmond in two days

Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Very cool!

I'm not sure I'd want to drive a T that far...though I guess I probably would if I had the opportunity.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I'm spoiled by A's....they'll actually almost keep up with traffic. T's are a little too archaic for my taste.

My buddy wants me to help him drive his cross-country when he gets it all done...I told him to just say the word and I'll pack my bags.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I did say I'd do it given the opportunity...

(My ass might fit...but those old seats are back-breakers.)

If I had one I would probably throw D-60's under it at a 460 under the hood. :spank: That's cool though, sounds like a great time :D

I kinda dug it, didn't I...

Last edited:

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
The 3 pedals on the floor takes some getting used to.....

radialarm

Clown of Death!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts