Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Flatheads

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I'll bust the '0' for you.

I don't run an early one currently, but I do have in the shop a complete 59AB, a complete 36LB and a couple of busted 37 V8's that I use for doorstops.

Flatheads are flatheads so if I can help with questions, I'll be glad to. If I don't know the answer I'll make something up.........

east coast covered

guess i'll add my self to the flat wrench list here. by adding a east coast flat head wrench to the list.

sitting in the shop right now besides a few v8's in verius stages of rebuild. i.e. waiting for the rods to be redone into insert rod's over the poured lead babbit. running or in stages is a 33 v8 roadster. a 33 flathead powered 6 inch chopped 3 window. a 32 vickie. a numbers matching b400 sedan convert. and a 28 model a pick up. saddly the 28 lost it flat head 4 banger. got lowered to the ground and repowered by a mercuriser 181inch 3.0L 4 banger, tied to a borg warner t5od. and a old 8.0 inch falcon 2.44 rear.

so the group knows while i did semi retire i am restoreing these old beast for their owners as a part time job.

Attachments

• P1010339.jpg
  • garage 12.jpg
  • garage 11.jpg
  • 33 b 400 motor.jpg
  • 1933 b 400 sedan convert.jpg
question about BG T5

New to the forum. I have a 47 1.5 ton truck. I see the great project countryboy is doing with new running gear/cummins 4BT. I Want to keep the 59AB flatty and build it up with performance parts. How would a BG T5 tranny work on this truck behind the beefed up flatty? Is there a better tranny choice behind the 59AB in this application? What are the pros and cons of keeping the old frame/suspension vs hanging the flatty/updated tranny in a newer frame/suspension like countryboy did? Any comments/suggestions greatly appreciated.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Why do flat heads sound like WW2 bomber planes ??

havi

third member
4 valves pushing through 3 ports. :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts