Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New battery time. Any good or bad stories???

2011 F250 6.7 OEM batteries are on the way out. Any recommendations on replacements? And more importantly, what brands to avoid?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The Motorcraft batteries are just fine and really most of the major manufacturers have good quailty control. It's always possible to get a bum battery but in my own experience it happens not very often.

If you are looking at getting spendy and are considering one of the popular colored top batteries, you might want to consider spending a little more and looking at Lifeline or Deka AGM units.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I've been buying the Sam's club batteries last several times.
They are Energizers, and carry a warranty
Sam's club has honored the warranty both times I had a problem in the past

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
theres only 1 after market battery ive seen that matches and beats Fords SD battery's for CA & CCA... the ones ford has in their sd are hard to beat.. they also carry a 2 year mfg warranty and do stand behind them... ive very rarely ever heard anything bad in relation to them.. my truck did have a set of Napa Gold batteries when i bought it but were dead any time the truck sat for a month.. havent had that problem with the MC ones..

Exide is the only other company that ive seen that can beat MC's SD batterys but the warranty is only 20 month.. also never heard anything bad in relation to them...

If you do go with an aftermarket one look for an AGM battery. theyre supposed to be the best for these high draw engines..

Appreciate the advice!
I am leaning heavily towards going back with MC.

Note to Sparky83....I am just up 64 in Richmond....loving this Spring weather!

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Appreciate the advice!
I am leaning heavily towards going back with MC.

Note to Sparky83....I am just up 64 in Richmond....loving this Spring weather!

where abouts?? im out there frequently

Ford Truck Articles