Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

79 f150 4x4...long slow build coming up!

I did an intro, but I may as well add here since this will be the primary forum I visit. I recently purchased this 79 f150. I have been trying to buy this truck for 18 years, the previous (original) owner parked it under a tree in his pasture 10years ago and finally decided to sell. I will say I got caught up in the moment and paid too much for it, but oh well, can't do anything about that now. It has a 351M, 4 speed, NP205 with Dana 44/9" combo. 3.50 gears with a Detroit locker in the rear and a Detroit trutrac in the front. This build is going to take a while, with a family of 5 and other priorities, but I don't mind the wait. Anyways, enough of my yapping...here's the pics
photo1-1.jpg~320x480
photo2-1.jpg~320x480
photo3.jpg~320x480
[/IMG][/IMG]

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Not bad for a field find, you got lucky smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo with that one, good combo on the engine and transmission, sounds like it could be a real stump pullersmilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
What's the plans for it?

Plans are a cosmetic resto, just freshen all the drivetrain and suspension then use it as a daily driver. I like to play hard in the winter, so a lot of snow abuse will be coming. This truck was purchased new by a 17 year old that built it up to his dream truck...it's got everything that everybody says not to do. Stacked rear blocks, homemade front lift, etc. these are things I always warn against, but at the same time I know the abuse this truck has been thru, it's a local leg and and there was never a problem with any of it. I'm leaving it all for now intil I can afford a real lift kit. I want it exactly how it was when I wads kid and watched it going thru town.
photo4-2.jpg.html

photo3-1.jpg~320x480
[/IMG]

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm digging the front lift....:rofl: :rofl:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Links work..nice looking parts truck

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
And just before your thread gets derailed....I fully understand long slow builds....

smilieFordlogo

Well, almost a full year later and it's almost on the road! Body is swapped, brakes, cooling, and fuel system are 100% new (38 gallon fuel tank installed). I have put about 100 miles on it so far...I really should license it before to long I guess. All that's left now is a bad alternator. Gotta swap it it and get my new tires mounted and it's ready to drive until spring, that's when body work should start. I didn't take many pics, but I will upload a few of what I have shortly.

looking good. good job, i enjoyed looking at the pictures. the front lift made me chuckle

Ford Truck Articles