Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fog light wiring

I have a 2002 F-250SD Crew/4wd/7.3 It had a black box under the hood that made the headlights turn on high and low when high is selected. but, it melts the bulb connectors, so I removed it and plugged the "new" bulb connectors directly on the bulbs as to original.. my fog lights don't work because I haven't a clue where to plug the wire in to power them up.. they're supposed to come on with the pull out light switch in the cab.. anyone know of a wiring diagram for the lighting or where to find the plug under the hood? THANKS..

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Schematics for free are on bbbind.com and/or autozone.com

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
the 2002's had a dial selector switch for the head lights but the Hi/low selectors were on the steering column.. sounds like someones been doing some modifications under the hood and in the cab. 99-08's wiring was pretty much the same for the headlights. if the black box your referring to is near the headlight assemblies and is small it sounds like someone at one point installed a HID kit. these can be either P&P or have to be hardwired.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts