Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

school me on dana 60s

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
In addition to what has already been said,

The D60 straight axle disappeared from Ford trucks from 1980-1984. In 1984, Ford started using the D60 in the F350's again, while retaining the TTB D44HD in the majority if not all F250's. That gives you more years to work with, although 1985 and newer D60's have ball joints instead of kingpins.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
i think its all too hard, i really wanted to find a f250 or 350 1978-79 supercab with one, but that seems out the window now,

just need to find one without!

I'm not sure what you plan to use the truck for, but know that an HD44 under a 250 is still very respectable. The D60 is the Holy Grail, and sure, I'd like to have one myselfe, but if you find a truck that has everything but the D60 I would hate to see you write it off.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I've got one in my 78 and it looks like it belongs under a backhoe .

I never realized you had a D60 in the front of that truck. That makes me want it even more now...I want so badly to hate you, Mark...but you're just too nice! :)

I'm not sure what you plan to use the truck for, but know that an HD44 under a 250 is still very respectable. The D60 is the Holy Grail, and sure, I'd like to have one myselfe, but if you find a truck that has everything but the D60 I would hate to see you write it off.
No look it goin to cost me a lot of money to do a rhd conversion and buy a truck and ship it, just wanted to get the most for my $$$, probly would have sold it anyways!!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts