Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 1

Generation 1 1948-1952 F1 thru F8

Old 02-16-2008, 10:43 PM

scottmn1 is on a distinguished road
The only thing I ran into was I tried to attach a link to this site of photos of my truck in the gallery over here, and when I hit enter it just deleted everything automatically. I never even thought about it. I am a member at other internet sites that is based on topics of the same nature and one site doesn't think of the other as the evil competition. I'm not exactly sure why there is tension between the 2 sites. I don't know if there really is tension or not, but it sure feels that way to me.
48 Ford F-6 COE Car Hauler. 5.9 Cummins Turbo diesel powered........Options......Hand made sleeper with DVD player and LCD TV, 19' Hand Made hauler bed, CD player, Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Windows, Automatic transmission w/ Overdrive & Lockup torque Convertor, GPS system, 4 wheel power disc brakes, Jacobs exhaust brake, air ride suspension, dual 5" chrome side exhaust, On board compressed air.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2008, 10:47 PM

Hi Frankenford,

I guess my truck could be considered a Frankenford too if you think about it. Its a Ford body, a Cummins engine, a Dodge driveline, and a GM steering column. Has anybody ever tried to plug a GM steering column up to a Dodge wiring harness? The connectors just don't match up!!!!!!!!!!
48 Ford F-6 COE Car Hauler. 5.9 Cummins Turbo diesel powered........Options......Hand made sleeper with DVD player and LCD TV, 19' Hand Made hauler bed, CD player, Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Windows, Automatic transmission w/ Overdrive & Lockup torque Convertor, GPS system, 4 wheel power disc brakes, Jacobs exhaust brake, air ride suspension, dual 5" chrome side exhaust, On board compressed air.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:55 PM
blank

Brian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmn1 View Post
The only thing I ran into was I tried to attach a link to this site of photos of my truck in the gallery over here, and when I hit enter it just deleted everything automatically. I never even thought about it. I am a member at other internet sites that is based on topics of the same nature and one site doesn't think of the other as the evil competition. I'm not exactly sure why there is tension between the 2 sites. I don't know if there really is tension or not, but it sure feels that way to me.

There is tension between that site and every other ford site on the net. Now I guess it is every site on the net. I just ran a test post on the 3 sites I sent you. They work fine. They are not blocked.

They even deleted my posts in your thread over there. I guess they will ban me next.

What their problem with here is that this site is people who were banned from there.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Grabber Green Consultant

89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmn1 View Post
Hi Frankenford,

I guess my truck could be considered a Frankenford too if you think about it. Its a Ford body, a Cummins engine, a Dodge driveline, and a GM steering column. Has anybody ever tried to plug a GM steering column up to a Dodge wiring harness? The connectors just don't match up!!!!!!!!!!

yeah it definately is a frankenford. haha i bet the customization of everything took just a little bit of patience didn't it?

Chicks Dig the Longbed
Ford guy with a Jeep problem!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:00 PM

I just found that site and also this site the same night a few nights ago. I just started looking for Old Ford trucks and ran across both sites and registered at each one of them at the same time and started looking around in both. I am just now learning of everyone being banned from over there.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:05 PM

Frankenford........A LOT of patience. Other than it took a lot of time and patience, it really was easy to do. There is so much room that you don't have to be so precise on where you put things. On a typical street rod car, like my Dodge with the Chevy LT-1, you don't have a quarter of an inch on either side between the engine and the hood. You have to have the engine in a particular spot or you will never get the hood closed. I didn't have that problem building the truck.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:05 PM
blank

Brian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to behold
Yeah...its weird. I have never said anything against their site (even over here) and they treat me like this.

Now I am one more they pissed off.

Oh...in case you have not figured it out...they surf this site and look for people to ban over there who say things against their site.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Grabber Green Consultant

89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute89frankenford has a reputation beyond repute
you don't even have to say anything bad about there site and they will get ya............

Chicks Dig the Longbed
Old 02-16-2008, 11:14 PM
blank

New sig line over there....this will probably get me banned, but maybe somone will read it first:

Quote:
My PMs and E-mail are currently blocked. Contact me at blb1408 (at) hotmail (dot) com if you need assistance with your truck.

They say I was promoting another site on here...I linked somone to 3 body working forums that are not blocked. I sent a ticket to them to ask what the problem was. We will see.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Grabber Green Consultant

im not seeing anything you posted so im guessing they blocked it.....

Chicks Dig the Longbed