Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Board seems kind of slow

How long has this board been up? It seems kind of slow. I have noticed some boards get more traffic than other, I wonder why that is. I haven't really figured out what draws people to any board. The FTE site is busy on a few boards but not all, I frequent the '48-60 board and it's always hopping. The Bonus Built site gets spurts, it'll be busy for a week and then die for a month. The Ford Barn is always hopping and the Classic Truck board chugs along with an average of one post every other day or so. The Vintage Truck site barely gets a post in two weeks although in it's old carnation, before it was taken over by a bunch of spammers it was very active.

I can't really see a reason why one board would be busier than another. The FTE site was one of the first on the net, but the Bonus Built site has been around almost as long. FTE has a lot of different areas to visit and the Bonus Built site is very narrow in it's subject, only '48-52 Ford trucks. FTE has also evolved from a primative site to what is now but this site has the quality. The Ford Barn site is still pretty primative but it draws a lot of contributions.

I just wonder what makes a site more popular than others. I realize many of the same guys, like me, visit all of the mentioned web sites and you can only get so much information from a few sites but I have also noticed there are some who only go to one or two of the sites.

Maybe it only takes time and word of mouth. I list all of the sites I visit on my web site, which gets it's fair share of traffic for a small, private web site so maybe I might be able to steer more traffic here.

Any way, I thought since there isn't much activity right now on this board I'l post this and see if we could get some discussion going.smiliegitrdone

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Maybe it only takes time and word of mouth.

You nailed it right there, brother. We do our best to spread the word, but we simply don't have the people here to get that kind of activity. We'd love to be able to see that kind of activity, but our marketing is very, very limited. Word of mouth is what we're relying on until we're big enough.

As a side note, if a person types in 'ford truck forum' on google, we're now on the first page as of this past sunday. smiliegitrdone

Ryan

I figure even though there are boards dealing with a similar topic(s) there are always some one who doesn't visit every board, I'm kind of obsessed with old Ford trucks so I try to find as much info about the that I can.

If nothing else, I am hoping my post shoots a little juice into this board.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
we love to have you... We're always looking for ways to grow, so feel free to make this sort of place the new hangout for you and any friends you may have of the same year and model.

Ryan

Hi again Bob,

You are very correct. I have been involved with a couple of "new" boards over the years. It takes time for any of them to grow. Word of mouth is the big factor (or so it seems). The search engines will help, but the site needs tech information for that to work well.

I am also one that visits many sites. Here, FTE, hotrodders, SPI, NWU and rarely a few others. It depends on what information I need at the time.

This site has been around less than a year now. I know it is not growing in numbers really quickly, but it seems like new members are showing up fairly regularly now. It is up to 162. That is a start. We have a lot of good knowledgeable people here.

Oh...you know "numberdummy" from the other site? He knows a lot of part numbers for our old trucks. There are several members that frequent both sites still.

I know they are open to suggestions on how to get people to come over and visit the site. I have invited a few friends over, but not a lot (don't have that many friends! :suspicious: )

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Board seems to be moving at the normal stop/go pace it always does, to me anyway :D

Gunner

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Well Bob were glad to have you around. The board is kind of slow but then again so are some of us members if you know what I mean.

FTF did have a marketing budget but I heard O'Rattlecan raided it to support this worthy cause a few months ago.
protest.jpg

I think maybe someone should take the checkbook away from him.

Anywho glad your here.

Some of the more general forums get a fair amount of traffic. This particular forum, there doesn't seem to be very many of us "classic truck" owners around yet. Also, as Brian mentioned this site has been around for less than a year but it's growing in members. Rattlecan or Goose would have a better idea of how many "spectators" the site gets... smilieeatndrink

Now this is the type of action I was hoping would happen.:guns:

I like bumping around the net in my favorite hang outs to see what's going on. The more places the better. Let's hope this place will only grow. I'll try to do my part. YelloThumbUp

blacksnapon

Staff member
Now this is the type of action I was hoping would happen.:guns:

I like bumping around the net in my favorite hang outs to see what's going on. The more places the better. Let's hope this place will only grow. I'll try to do my part. YelloThumbUp
We always enjoy having new people log on, and join in to the discussions. Many of us are actively trying to recruit more members, and any help you can provide is welcomed.

Ford Truck Articles