Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ranger #5-junkyard dog

racsan

4xford

racsan

4xford
still havent got a set of white spokes for summer, tried the factory alloys and they just dont look right. these dont look bad, they are from a 01 jeep wrangler. finnally did the hood too, only bad thing is the dark blue i was using from rustoluem has been discontinued. i do like this metallic cobalt blue better but dont really want to repaint the rest of the truck. painted the grille silver too. also on the hood i used the lighter "ford blue" as accents in the factory indentations on either side. (theres a word for those but i cant recall it) thats the same lighter blue as the tailgate letters. the darker blue along side the silver and lighter blue is the factory color, almost looks black instead of dark blue. i thought about doing a design like the explorer package stripes, but theres so many variations so i just did what i thought would look good. sure is a improement at least from how it was.

hood stripe by anon omus, on Flickr

by anon omus, on Flickr

racsan

4xford
put some extra lighting on, didnt really want a light bar but its well hidden and the light it puts off is great, be able to see deer on those early morning commutes home. I don’t normally buy a installation / wiring kit, I usually have enough wire & stuff to build my own but this time I did spend the $30 for one. went together quick and easy. I couldnt have built and installed my own wiring harness and switch in the 30 min it took me to put this in. I spent more time mounting the light bar to the grille guard,

the light and wiring kit. light was around 80, wiring harness 30.

Untitled by anon omus, on Flickr

put the switch right under the factory light switch.

cant hardly see it with the light bar not on. just how I like it.

there it is. wish there was a way to show the diffrence at night. the stock lighing is about as usefull as a flashlight in comparison.

Ford Truck Articles