Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Starting problem on '02 F350

I am having some issues; yesterday my '02 F350 battery was dead, I could jump start it and it would start right up and stay running on it's own power. I decided to disconnect the battery and get a new one so it had no battery connected for about an hour. After installing the new battery it will turn over well but it won't start. I have tried the obvious things like checking all fuses and relays which were all good. I disconnected the intake pipe and sprayed carb cleaner in there and it will start just long enough to burn that off. I refuse to believe that there is a huge coincidence that when I replaced the battery my fuel pump went out, but I don't hear the fuel pump when putting the ignition in accessory. It has the 5.4 liter engine. The key does not have a chip inside of it so I don't think its a problem with the engine immobilizer, but at this point I'm at a loss for ideas.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
You can check for power at the fuel pump connector if you can access it without removing the tank. If you have power then I'm sure you know the next step.

Ford Truck Articles