Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gearz builds 292 I6

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
It's 12:40 and I'm watching Gears. They built a 292 Chebby straight six. What I liked about this episode is how David says; "..Awesome torque, sounds awesome.. No reason to wish you had a V8!"

I'm disappointed they didn't build a Ford Six, but we all know GM receives all the attention. Regardless this is a pretty cool episode. It's about time someone on TV acknowledges big-I6 performance potential and already-there-torque.

He used three 1-BBL carb and the stock manifold. He claimed not to be able to find headers for the 292. He really didn't do much to the motor but still; it's a nice change from all the belly-button GM V8's!

Did anyone else catch this episode?

-Bill

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Seems like nobody caught this episode but me! I guess I'm the only jerk here who stays home on Saturday.

I need to get a hobby. ;)

Seems like nobody caught this episode but me! I guess I'm the only jerk here who stays home on Saturday.

I need to get a hobby. ;)

Nope, I do too. I post on FTF all day. :p

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Did he by any chance say anything about cost or power numbers???

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Nope, I do too. I post on FTF all day. :p

hahaha!
BdayBigGrin

Did he by any chance say anything about cost or power numbers???

No Sir. He never really finished the project anyway.. He didn't put the motor in anything so he never even finished the exhaust.

I forget which show, but one built a Jeep 4.0L I6. They showed Dyno results on that one.

hahaha!
BdayBigGrin

No Sir. He never really finished the project anyway.. He didn't put the motor in anything so he never even finished the exhaust.

I forget which show, but one built a Jeep 4.0L I6. They showed Dyno results on that one.

Its been real bad for me, I have had over 100 posts per day the last week. Im gonna hit 5000 by tomorrow... :p

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Ive seen it a couple times. I also saw on trucks with the new guys on there when they done the Jeep six. Wasnt very impresive even though they stroked it out. Anybody else see the episode of gearz when he got a 390 out of a junkyard?

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Ive seen it a couple times. I also saw on trucks with the new guys on there when they done the Jeep six. Wasnt very impresive even though they stroked it out. Anybody else see the episode of gearz when he got a 390 out of a junkyard?

I never did get to see the final result on the Jeep. How much power did he end up putting to the ground?

Now you're talkin'!!!

Why?

All they do is V8's. That's why I loved this particular episode. They actually did something most of us can afford.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Why?

All they do is V8's. That's why I loved this particular episode. They actually did something most of us can afford.

Probably because he was talkin about a Ford engine on a Ford website...but that's just a guess...haha.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Probably because he was talkin about a Ford engine on a Ford website...but that's just a guess...haha.

Probably! I just took it as one of those "Die hard V8" comments.

GM does receive all the attention. One time however, I was watching drag racing on TV (I forget what the show is called) and this guy pulled up in a Camaro with a Ford motor. When asked bitterly, "Why would you put a ford in a chevy?"

The responce was priceless.

"Because I want to win."

And he did. :pimp:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Probably! I just took it as one of those "Die hard V8" comments.

GM does receive all the attention. One time however, I was watching drag racing on TV (I forget what the show is called) and this guy pulled up in a Camaro with a Ford motor. When asked bitterly, "Why would you put a ford in a chevy?"

The responce was priceless.

"Because I want to win."

And he did. :pimp:

I saw that.......I think it was on Pass Time.....a buddy of mine is looking for an older chebby musclecar to drop his SCJ motor into......

Anyone remember that series they had on Trucks where they beefed up the 235 Chevy motor to put back in the '50 Chevy 3100?

Ford Truck Articles