Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I couldn't pass this up.......

1973 F-100 4x4

'77 F-250 Custom 4x4
After having spent the last 3 weeks trying to fix the nitemare of a mess that the previous owner had made of the wiring harness in the '73 F-100 that is my current project, :headbang: I decided to take some time to search around town here in wyoming, to see what other projects I might be able to find. (I was actually looking for a 3/4 ton 4x4 for a work truck.)

So, after driving through back alleys for an hour, I remembered seeing a '75 F-250 Highboy in the backyard of a neighbor of someone that we had done some tree trimming for at work.
I stopped and talked to the gentleman, and found out that he is the original owner of the '75 Highboy.
He said that he still uses his truck and would not part with it, but said that he knew someone that had a '77 F-250 4x4 that they wanted to get rid of.
He gave me directions to his farm 7 miles outside of town, and I went out and looked at the truck.
We walked to the back corner of his barnyard, and he pointed to a lean-to and said: "trucks behind the building, take a look and if you want it, you can have it."
I walked around the corner of the building and there it sat, in chest high weeds.
I looked the truck over, and for a truck that has been used and abused on a farm since it was bought new, it is in great shape!
It has got to be the straightest, most well taken care of farm truck I have ever seen!
It only has one dent in it!
He slid into a fence post while fixing broken fence on a snowy day, and dented the driver's side of the box, in front of the rear wheel well.
That aside, it has two rust holes where the rear bumper covers the bottom corners of the box on both sides.
The farmer said that the rust holes were from hauling calcium for his tractor tires.
The only thing mechanically wrong with the truck, is that the engine is locked up.
The interior is even in really great shape!
Best part about all of this is that I have an engine sitting in my garage that runs good, and just happens to be the same as the locked up engine that is already in the truck.
Anyways, after I finished looking the truck over, I asked the farmer how much, and his exact words were; "If you want it, its yours."
I pick the truck up next week when he gets back into town.
Even better, he is the ORIGINAL owner of the truck, and still has the ORIGINAL title for the truck!
This truck is exactly what I have been looking for for a good work truck/restorating project, and it couldn't be at a better price; FREE!!!

I will post pictures of the truck when I pick it up next week! :)

Last edited:
Cool deal. Free is great.

As you said..post pics when you get it home. Post pics of digging it out and hauling it home. Those are fun ones.

I am sure you will find plenty of help around here if you have any issues you run into.

BTW: Welcome to the forum. It is quite time right now...they seem to be all asleep.

Fellro

Staff member
It's amazing some of the deals to be had out where the dollar isn't the main motivator... No rust because of the climate too, found that in South Dakota as well.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts