Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

BII or Ranger?

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
If you had to pick between a Ranger or BII to build in to a decent trail rig/driver which one would you pick?

I'm thinking a capable off-road vehicle that when it was cleaned up could sit in a car show and people would say that it was a cool or/and unique truck.

econo61

head pervert
okla
ranger for the stuff hauling capability, bII for the people hauling capability.

ranger cause there is more of an aftermarket for it, bII for the uniquenes of it.

i would go for unique, but then i am kinda unique myself!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Ranger. I don't like those bronco II's at all (no offence, doc.) I also like having the rear bed space in a truck rather than being constricted to a cab.

Ryan

Well since you said for TRAIL RIG, I'd definitely choose the BII, as they are readily available in the 4wd, plus the body adds rigidity to the frame. You can also help keep critters out of your gear, well protected high and tight. More rear traction too, and can mount lights up high on the back for either back-up vision or impromptu parties!

Fellro

Staff member
As a trail rig, I would go BII as well, because of the wheelbase. If you get into some serious stuff with it, you need the shorter wheelbase for better approach angles.
Otherwise, I would go Ranger, as I don't like the ride the short wheelbase gives, that's why they call 'em Broncos, because they buck...

Shocker

Charter Member
Well from building both I would have to go with the BII. 96 inch wheel base and fun as he&& to drive. It will keep up with the jeeps and most time pass tham. The ranger is fun also but a little longer making for some interesting thinking on turns and manuvers.

If I every get both of them finished I'll invite you ndown to Fulton and let youn drive them both.

drop a 4.0 in the a BII and a dana 35 and 8.0 rear and have at it.

Ford Truck Articles