Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Engines > 6.0 Powerstroke

Old 08-20-2016, 07:46 PM
Rooster Snorkler

jebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud of
Took my turbo apart and it looks like a squirrel munched it up.

The unison ring is all corroded, thats why i pulled her apart, but what the heck is this all about? My first instinct was the bearings went and it was rubbing something, but there are absolutely no wear marks on anything, and the bearings are really tight. i cant get any slack on them whatsoever. my next guess it something got munched up in there. But with a stock air cleaner, i dont see a bird going through the turbo or anything.

heres the turbine wheel.

so do i need to swap this guy out, and which one do i get? it looks easy to swap, but ive never done it.

recommendations from those that know PLEASE.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turbo.jpg (18.2 KB, 44 views)

2008 f-150 crew cab

2005 f-350 Crew Cab Long Box diesel - for sale. Check out my classified post!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2016, 07:58 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Holy crap Tater. Shawn (Sparky83) here has worked on those turbos before..once he sees this he will prolly have some good info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:02 PM
Rooster Snorkler

jebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud ofjebadiah04 has much to be proud of
I'm wondering if my egr let a nugget through that hung up in a vein and did this. Either way. I guess I need a new one.

2008 f-150 crew cab

Old 08-20-2016, 10:09 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know...that should buff out.
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:

Old 08-20-2016, 10:42 PM
Rooster Snorkler

Jb weld?

2008 f-150 crew cab

Old 08-20-2016, 10:43 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebadiah04 View Post
Jb weld?
Fawk yes....
Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-21-2016, 12:53 PM
Rooster Snorkler

does anyone know if that turbine wheel is replaceable in itself. Is it one piece with the shaft?

2008 f-150 crew cab

Old 08-21-2016, 01:46 PM

Lorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to behold
some aftermarket parts seem to available. as for the details and how to do it, i dont have these answers.

http://turbolabofamerica.com/6-0-pow...turbine-wheel/
http://www.xtremediesel.com/turboupgrades_4.aspx
im sure there are others.

the picture you posted the exhaust wheel?

"May you live your life as if the maxim of your actions were to become universal law" Immanual Kant

00 Vw jetta 2.0
77 f150 429
83 Buick century 4.3 diesel (lost to young fun)
-and many others

Last edited by Lorddurock; 08-21-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:59 PM

Lorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to behold
http://www.musclecardiy.com/performa...ent-wrong-fix/

found that. kinda looks like an over heat failure to me but the part has been cleaned so it hard to tell.

i have some good material on failure analysis in a book i use alot to find out why a part broke so i can do a complete repair. i will and figure out some way to get that info posted if you want. to help find out what happened.

"May you live your life as if the maxim of your actions were to become universal law" Immanual Kant

00 Vw jetta 2.0
77 f150 429
83 Buick century 4.3 diesel (lost to young fun)
-and many others

Last edited by Lorddurock; 08-21-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Rooster Snorkler

so, after thinking about this, since this turbine is on the hot side, that means whatever got in there came from the exhaust side of the engine. which means that either i had an injector tip come out or the dealership dropped a nugget when they did my injectors.

2008 f-150 crew cab